TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
5th Show, Oct 19

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXIV: 5th Show, Oct 19 users admin

"The Amazing Race of Arabia"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Germany -> Austria -> Italy -> Jordan

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through October 21, 2022Kitt25 10-21-22  9:52 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 21, 2022 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Kitt, that's always possible. Frustrating for us viewers tho!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 21, 2022 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Interesting that Linton and Sharik originally tried the puzzle, but they didn't show that.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, October 21, 2022 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
lol... I haven't watched the episode yet and I just HAD to know if Derek/Claire were safe... and they are!! yay!!

when I saw that Linton/Sharik were eliminated my initial response was "I'm sure she's happy." Too bad her dad couldn't find someone more eager to run the race. I hopw she learns something after watching herself.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, October 21, 2022 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
If runners didn't have phones, the crew would have one.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 21, 2022 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sadies, the runners have never been allowed to have their own phones for navigating the race. That's why they use maps. :-). No phoning a friend, no GPS.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 21, 2022 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Csss_cat. Watch that interview I posted above. It isn't long but I think gives us more information about Sharik ( especially the very end of the interview), and Linton.

According to them there were just the two tasks and it would be very difficult to jump up in line and they mentioned that Derek and Claire were the only ones (in another interview with GoldDerby they said Luis and Michelle moved up as well) to make a big jump.

And we saw that Derek really went at the metal detector task because he wanted the best possible odds in terms of how many metal artifacts were left to find, and then they had practiced slide puzzles, plus Claire job skills include designing algorithms.

Linton admits that he was trying to think outside of the box with the metal detector but that really didn't work since the metal was inside the circle/box.

Linton said they did go for the puzzle.. the hard part was getting up hill TO the site but the puzzle and camels were close and they took one look and knew that puzzles like that were something they had neglected to learn (he said they did tons of sudoko, and he worked hard ahead of time to increase his endurance) and he said that he grew up with cows, feeding and watering, hauling, so he felt it was their task.

They said they were about half an hour behind Glenda and Lumumba and not sure about others as they only caught glimpses.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 21, 2022 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/amazing-race-34s-linton-sharik-172009776.html

Depression, anxiety, mood disorder.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, October 21, 2022 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I thought one show had them do something with a phone a few years ago. It was a show phone with limited option. Maybe it was some other show.

The crew always has a phone.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 21, 2022 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah I thought I remembered them having a phone for a task, but like you, I might be thinking of another show.

They are allowed to borrow phones from kind folk though, so maybe they found a nice local who gave them the phone to help them get to the pitstop, but maybe followed to grab it back afterwards.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 21, 2022 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, they did for one task, but as I recall, they had to turn it in, and it only worked for that task.

It just seems odd the way he's holding it in that photo at the pitstop, like it is his.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 21, 2022 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They had local drivers to get them to the tasks and walked to the pit stop.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, October 22, 2022 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
About that, I thought they might be using local drivers who were familiar with driving in the desert. A number of years ago, contestants were doing in the desert and got into serious trouble with the cars going off road.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 22, 2022 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, it really could be dangerous. Linton and Sharik said it was at least 110°f and extremely dry, so getting stuck would not be a good thing.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, October 24, 2022 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Finally! Derek and Claire recap Ep. 5:

https://youtu.be/z1wyPCR_0Ao

They had me laughing so hard!

“Extreme Metal Detecting” HAHA!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 24, 2022 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oooh, thanks! I have been checking Derek's youtubes daily, just waiting. They really make me laugh.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 24, 2022 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Loved it!! And they said it was 115.. and Claire's expertise at slide puzzles came, not from her career, but because she was a Survivor super fan and had practiced slide puzzles for years. But it was not a great thing to mention Survivor, so..

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, October 25, 2022 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Those recaps are really the best thing ever! I really enjoy the behind the scenes stories and perspective. Plus love the interaction between the two of them!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, October 25, 2022 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Loving the recaps. They are so cute, both Derek and Clare.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 28, 2022 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
All posts about the 10/26 show have been moved to that thread. Happy Friday, Everyone! :-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: