TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
4th Show, Oct 12

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXIV: 4th Show, Oct 12 users admin

"Everyone's an Artist"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Germany -> Austria -> Italy

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through October 14, 2022Kappy25 10-14-22  9:37 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I agree about the dad. I wonder if she grew up with him, or what kind of treatment she might be receiving. And what kind of vetting they do for racers.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
1. What a selfish, self centered brat Sharik is. WOW! I was so disappointed in her.

2. I'm not sad that Rich and Dom are gone. They (mostly her) annoyed the crap out of me.

3. I"m trying to figure out how they determine when they wear their masks.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I haven't even noticed masks. Perhaps it is according to the regulations of which country they are in?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Before May, masks everywhere. As of May 1st in Florence face protection was still required in hospitals, public transport, airlines, theater/cinemas, indoor sports events until June 15. Masks in schools until the end of the academic year. Everywhere else, like restaurants, supermarkets, outdoors no masks

Filming started May 25 and ended around middle of June. As of October 1st in Florence no masks anywhere except medical facilities and schools.

Even though they are supposed to be all the same, different cities sometimes do what they want. Many Italians were slow to discontinue wearing a mask. It's is looked at as being considerate to others if you still wore one.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, October 15, 2022 - 12:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have noticed that most things are done out doors, not much indoors. or people are standing far away, (bells)

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Saturday, October 15, 2022 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I've seen them wearing them in cars lol.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, October 15, 2022 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
The only time I noticed the masks were in the car with Dom and Rich. In one shot, Don had her mask fully on while Rich who was driving did not. I only thought it was odd because both Rich and the cameraman would be in her 'bubble'. Then in the next scene, while still on the same drive, Rich suddenly had his mask on but hanging on his chin. Perhaps they were stopping to ask directions during their drive and putting them on for talking to strangers?

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, October 15, 2022 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I thought that it stunk that Linton and Sharik got to stay while Rich and Dom were gone. It is such a privilege to be on the amazing race and to have someone whine throughout the race because she wasn't happy with her performance that she wanted to go home, she wasn't competing. Phil was practically begging her to say. Come on, he should have said, nice to know you sorry dad but you are out.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 16, 2022 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The masks appear sort of randomly. And at times in the car.. Could be camera person in front seat?

Christy358

07-10-2007

Sunday, October 16, 2022 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Could be they have masks on as needed, but take them off for camera shots. we see them sometimes in more candid shots?

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, October 17, 2022 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Derek and Claire recap Ep. 4, which is great since they were barely in the episode and can fill in the blanks :

https://youtu.be/Fh8imKYWvKw

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 17, 2022 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Since, you might find this hard because of their feelings re: your beloved city.. Maybe you could convince them to meet you there and change their feelings.

But the youtube is amusing, especially with Derek sculpting a new ear...

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, October 18, 2022 - 3:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Sea lol I understand why they were stressed out there! The street that goes up to Villa Bardini (I don't know what Dereck was saying... something like Forte Belgium) is the same one that leads to Forte Belvedere off of Costa San Giorgio. A very steep and narrow road. Literally if you have a large car...one of you needs to back down the street. Driving a stick on those inclines is treacherous. But riding a Ciao (small moped) and discovering you have no breaks...well...that's worse

A1 means Autostrada (Highway) 1. There is also only one highway from Bologna to Florence....lol

Cracking up about food truck guy "talking with his hands". I can literally show you a whole conversation in Italian using only gestures with my my hands. My grandfather was a very polite man...but when someone really tried his patience he would say..."You know, my father used to carry his umbrella HERE!" Taking his right palm and slapping it very soundly on his left bicep...as he very gently raised his left forearm. In Italian that means, go you-know-what.

If they were looking at the "Stairway To Heaven"...and going through a port hole through the wall that goes around Florence....they were lost....and right in front of my grandparents house! Maybe 50 feet away!

From their descriptions it seems like all the teams are exactly as we see them. The whole recount was hilarious. I really enjoyed it!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 18, 2022 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I sit here and laugh at them.. really do enjoy and especially the behind the scenes stuff. I notice they didn't even mention the young lady who wanted to quit, which I think was nice.

I found out today that Rich graduated from Fountain Valley HS. (I live in Fountain Valley). He and Dom were on the cover of the Fountain Valley Living Magazine.. unfortunately the cover and article arrived after they were out, but they did reveal that in Jordan, they go to Petra.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: