TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
2nd Show, Sep 28

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXIV: 2nd Show, Sep 28 users admin

"Patience is the New Me"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Germany -> Austria

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through September 30, 2022Sadiesmom25 09-30-22  10:35 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
My first reaction to Dom's hair was that it would interfere with the physicality of this race. After listening to her talk to herself when stressed, I'm wondering where the need to wear that hair comes from. I know she said something about it representing happiness but it feels more like it comes from a place of insecurity and unhappiness. But then I hate wigs. I would rather see people with beautiful bald heads then with wigs on.

But yeah, the door left open really bothered me, lol!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh, I didn't read the clue! So they had their packs? Then she was incredibly lucky that the car was still there and she was able to get in it to get the hat..

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yep, every season....we yell at the racers....read the clue, read the clue, READ THE CLUE!....LOL

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, October 01, 2022 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Have I seen Claire somewhere before? Where?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, October 01, 2022 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Derek and Claire were both on Big Brother and Derek was also on The Challenge.

(Or were you being funny? :-))

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, October 01, 2022 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Geez and I think my husband is the one who has memory problems. I’ve never missed an episode of Big Brother and I have zero recollection of Claire. I do remember Dereck.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 01, 2022 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Claire was Tiffany's plus 1. Did you watch last season with the Cookout?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, October 01, 2022 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Derek was Hannah Chaddah's plus-1, but it was extremely apparent to me, even only just watching the show, that Claire was the one he belonged with. They are just adorable together, sorta like Taylor and Joseph.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Saturday, October 01, 2022 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I am selfish. I like non elimination legs because it makes more episodes.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 02, 2022 - 12:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There will probably be some megalegs, which is essentially a non elimination leg without a speed bump task.

They really only got together in the jury house and they've been adorable ever since.. Claire and DerekX.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, October 03, 2022 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Claire and Derek recap Ep 2:

https://youtu.be/z2hvzCHuyps

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, October 03, 2022 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I am only a few minutes in on the Derek-Claire Youtube, but it may be gonna give me a stomach ache because these are two of the very smartest young people in America today, and apparently they did not study geography in 5th grade, don't know their countries, and don't know what language people in Austria speak. And we seniors need to rely on this generation to save our world. Okay, I am going to settle back down and go back in, but I am scared.

Thanks for the link, Rosem.

I do love this pair, and just like they say in the first couple minutes I shared their false belief that I did not see any way they do NOT win this race. But now I do, as do they. Feet of clay. We all have feet of clay.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, October 03, 2022 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
OK, I am skipping some things and getting the impression that both of these really smart kids had never to date encountered anybody who was ever as smart or as capable as they are. Derek is better at not saying it out loud. Claire just blurts it out loud as though it is obvious. I came to the same conclusion quite some years ago that many reality television viewers experience the same syndrome. It's kind cute seeing her blurt it out and Derek covering to make her look better. Oh, young love.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, October 03, 2022 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Oh hell, Derek just nailed it at around 32 minutes in - "it takes some of the pressure off about having to try to be perfect." Both of them have probably always felt the need to have to be perfect.

Okay, so I am going to renew my prediction that it will be hard to envision an ending where Derek and Claire don't win.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 03, 2022 - 11:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But one word for next episode is "disaster". So we will see.

I really love the two of them..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 04, 2022 - 12:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh and the testing.. she really is tone deaf.. I am not, so it is hard to imagine not hitting the note.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, October 04, 2022 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The problem is not that we don't study geography (most of us do in middle school), it's that we don't retain it. Same way I can't remember how to divide fractions or do trigonometry, even though I aced math. I just don't remember. Also their maps weren't in English! So they were having trouble figuring out how much area the map was covering. They clearly knew Germany was next to France, etc. they were not clueless about the region IMO.

Please TAR gods -- let them survive their disasterous week. It just won't be the same without them racing!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, October 04, 2022 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
One of my pet peeves is that cities/regions/countries have different names in different languages. I understand how it evolved..but would love to see them go back to original names.

Of course, non Latin script alphabets would have to translated. But it would help if they were the same word universally.

When I was in Germany I ran into some American tourists who were beyond frustrated. They were trying to find Munich on their map..... München on the local map they had. Monaco di Bavaria on the Italian map they had brought with them....and Munique to their friend from Portugal.

I mean, if you had a clue about geography, you should be able to figure it out. But I would love to go back to referring to cities by their names/pronunciation of origin.

Not so hard for us to say Firenze instead of Florence, Roma/Rome. Or Italia instead of Italy, Deutschland for Germany etc. I imagine it might help if all maps were alike lol

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, October 04, 2022 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I like the maps with small pictorial symbols when I travel. When I was in France, a Japanese tourist came up to me for directions with a map that was in Japanese. Fortunately there were symbols for enough spots like the Eiffel Tower that I could locate for him where we were standing. From there, he was good to go.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, October 04, 2022 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes! Why aren't we taught the regional pronunciation and names for these places? When you're traveling and the locals say a city name and you can't even recognize it, it can be really disorienting.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, October 04, 2022 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
As a tone-deaf AND uncoordinated person, I really felt Claire’s pain. I literally cried when she finally completed the task.

I am enjoying their recaps so much that I will be crushed if/when they are eliminated.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, October 04, 2022 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’ve never understood why we translate place names. The name should be the name. The United States should be the United States. Not États Unis (in French for example).

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, October 04, 2022 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Oh, I cried too when Claire finally completed the task. I always thought I was tone-deaf too, but in my dotage, songs of my youth are coming out of my brain, some of them with correct lyrics and occasional correct key, although I don't actually know what key means. Sometimes it just feel right.

Um, go Claire and Derek! Go Glenda and Lumumba!!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: