TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
1st Show, Sep 21

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXIV: 1st Show, Sep 21 users admin

"Many Firsts But Don't Be Last"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Germany ->

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"Many Firsts But Don't Be Last"

(following the 2hr Survivor)

Bisc is doin' the Happy Dance!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Big night. Starts tonight following Survivor!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Love the banner Jimmer, THX!

Tonight, Tonight ...I'll see my show tonight

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sharon Tharp
@sharontharp
·
48m
Here's my chat with
@PhilKeoghan
about this season of #AmazingRace! He opens up about the "little changes" they made (like no U-turns or non-elimination legs) while sticking with the format that fans know and love, and more.
@AmazingRaceCBS

https://twitter.com/sharontharp/status/1572709042551652353

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
wow Jimmer! so nice to have banner for the 1st show. ty!!!

Breanna95838

07-08-2011

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Breanna95838 a private message Print Post    
Rooting for Derek/Claire and Emily/Molly (long lost twins)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
so hard to keep track when they are all over the place.

I guess with non-elims the race will be shorter so they can spend to have extra camera crews.

Lorie

08-28-2003

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorie a private message Print Post    
Love Derek and Claire!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Based on this first show, I see no way Claire and Derek do NOT win. Although, Glenda and Lumumba did give them a run for their money and are a strong team as well. I also like Abby and Will for potential winners.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Really love seeing Derek and Claire. But I will admit it's really hard to watch people you like so much race. I'm SO worried they will be Philiminated! So I'm really trying to remind myself to enjoy my favorite show.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, September 22, 2022 - 4:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
so hard to see Derek right after he was on the Challenge... and boy does he have energy... The Challenge was filmed March -June 2022 (COVID delays during filming), and TAR was filmed May 25 – June 16, 2022....guess they are building up savings :-)

so many teams to root for...

Mimiaow

05-29-2006

Thursday, September 22, 2022 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimiaow a private message Print Post    
I am very happy to see Derek X and Claire do so well the first night. Always liked Derek and thought he got a raw deal on BB. I hope they win!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 22, 2022 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Legal, those dates are confusing to me. Derek started on TAR after he was eliminated on the Challenge then?

I'm rooting for him here, just like there, hopefully it goes better for him!

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, September 22, 2022 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
The couples that get along together and have positive attitudes thorugh the ups and downs seem to really excel in the race.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, September 22, 2022 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Kar - i know! I couldn't find a solid answer but it had to be after he was eliminated that he did TAR... all I could find was he "Wasn't sure" he would be able to do TAR but did. He prepped during the Challenge and said he and Claire didnt have a lot of time to prep together but called it a "bootcamp" to get ready for TAR.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, September 22, 2022 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I saw an interview with Clair and Derek. He had about a month after the challenge and before they left for TAR. They joked about his "tire strategy" on the challenge that he needed to get home to prep for TAR. Clair's family helped them prep, taught them to drive a stick, dropped them off in parts of the city with a map and told them to find their way home, etc. Such a cute couple. i hope they run the whole race!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 22, 2022 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Legal and Brenda!

Maris, I agree... you waste a lot of time fighting and don't get the best each person has to offer or the benefit of brainstorming together.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, September 22, 2022 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
While it's nice to see Derek again, I am loving all the newbies! You have the dancer married to the firefighter as well as a couple who looked past physical features to find true love. You have two twins who never knew the other existed as well as two cheerleader friends who work great together. I love it!! I thought for sure that Marcus and Michael had this one until the end. I was honestly sorry to see any team go home last night.

FUN episode - So happy to have this show back! I was like a giddy kid after 2 hours of Survivor and then TAR.

PS - I think I am going to like the changes such as no non- elimination rounds and the scramble of doing the tasks. No one really knew where they stood so everyone had to hustle until the end.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, September 22, 2022 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Thank you Jimmer for the banner!!!

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, September 22, 2022 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I love the non elimination aspect of the race this season. You are last, you are out. It will add more tension for that race to the pitstop

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 22, 2022 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Brenda!! Yess! I like Derek and Claire so much that I think I'm feeling just a fraction of what their families must feel watching them (assuming the families are really in the dark about how they finished). Anyway, I enjoyed the show but it was HARD to watch and worry in a way.

I did feel like this when the Beekman Boys ran the race, because i already really liked them and knew about them.

Derek was one who really handled that ice block well. Not the only one but very well done.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, September 23, 2022 - 3:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I watched my recording last night and it dawned on me that with everyone "scrambling" they aren't lingering around the challenges with other racers preventing alliances from forming from the get-go.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Sunday, October 02, 2022 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Derek and Claire recap Ep. 1.

https://youtu.be/2WrxGaoV7sg

This was such a fun watch, these two are so adorable and down to earth.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 02, 2022 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Love that!! I then watched their talk with Sharon Tharp about preparation.. but in the episode one.. I loved the part about crushing the cones while parking..

Want to see episode 2 with them..

Just amazing that he was auditioning for Challenge and Amazing Race at the same time..

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: