TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Discussion about the Upcoming...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXIV: General Discussion about the Upcoming Season users admin

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, August 24, 2022 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
According to Wilsonatmd they have announced the cast!

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, August 24, 2022 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Here's the cast announcement:

https://tvline.com/lists/the-amazing-race-season-34-cast-photos-videos/

Three game changes- no non-elimination legs this season, they're starting the race outside the US for the first time (in Germany) and there will be a new element introduced in leg one...

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, August 24, 2022 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Interesting!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 24, 2022 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Can't wait!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 24, 2022 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I can't wait either. But yikes about no non-elim legs!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 24, 2022 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Looks like a great cast.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, August 25, 2022 - 4:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Derek from BB is on another CBS show????

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, August 25, 2022 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I am happy about the non elimination round. It will be a real race but we will lose some favorites.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, August 25, 2022 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I wonder what possessed them to get rid of the NEL? Maybe we are going to have more "uber-legs (keep racing).

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Friday, August 26, 2022 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
The purpose of the NEL was to give motivation for the stragglers not to give up on completing the task.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, August 29, 2022 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
But...even every Uber athlete has a bad day. Not to mention that sometimes it's bad luck. Bad taxi driver. Car breaks down. Another racer takes your taxi. Although AR karma has always dealt nicely with that so far.

So I like the non elimination leg for those reasons. Although last season it did kind of get out of hand. Same team making it much further then they ever should have.

I would be happy though if they kept the keep racing " Uber Leg". That's a good idea. Would take the sting out of pure bad luck landing one in the bottom...and give them a chance at redeeming themselves

Fan3

07-07-2005

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fan3 a private message Print Post    
Anyone know when it starts?

Dint

05-14-2011

Monday, September 05, 2022 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dint a private message Print Post    
Per the cbs.com web site the Amazing Race starts September 21 at 9 Central Time. 7 or 8 pm would be better!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, September 18, 2022 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
CBS Sunday Morning had a segment on The Amazing Race this morning. Scene of the start. Info on production, etc., etc. Very interesting!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, September 18, 2022 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Color, I just watched it here and really enjoyed it: https://www.cbsnews.com/sunday-morning/ Scroll down to find segment.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, September 19, 2022 - 5:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the link Juju...

I found it kind of humorous that they said the show was a favorite of CBS. Really? Because CBS kept it off the air for two years pre-Covid (which forced the winners to wait two years to collect their $1M).

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, September 19, 2022 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I watched the segment on The Amazing Race and I think they cut it short (43:00-47:00 approximately) and went into a segment of the Queen 6 acappella singing group based at Windsor Castle. This segment was very interesting. They will be part of the Choir for Queen Elizabeth II funeral.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, September 19, 2022 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
That clip was really entertaining. Thank you for the link Juju!

I had forgotten about the 'broken ox' scene and had to laugh but I also wish they hadn't shown the one guy who was so horrible to his wife. I won't type his name.

Can't wait for Wednesday! I just wish it was also 2 hours like Survivor.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Info on the new twist- the Scramble. In leg 1, the teams are given information on three tasks they have to complete in the leg- but instead of going from task 1 to task 2 to task 3, they can do them in any order they like:

https://ew.com/tv/amazing-race-season-premiere-first-look-scramble/

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Wilson, I think I like that twist but we'll see.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I am excited for a new season.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sharon Tharp
@sharontharp
ยท
48m
Here's my chat with
@PhilKeoghan
about this season of #AmazingRace! He opens up about the "little changes" they made (like no U-turns or non-elimination legs) while sticking with the format that fans know and love, and more.
@AmazingRaceCBS

https://twitter.com/sharontharp/status/1572709042551652353

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, September 22, 2022 - 5:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I recorded last night's episode and will watch tonight. I'm thrilled that they eliminated the U-turn.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, September 23, 2022 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I will take TAR any way I can get it!

Has the network explained why this show is back-to-back with Survivor? I like to have my entertainment spaced out!!!

I have always felt like TAR is the red-headed stepchild for the network! I have always understood that it must be costly to make - probably more so now with chartered flights, vut still I have always seen positive reviews and support for the show!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 23, 2022 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
TNT, I thought they had done this before, same night, but maybe not. Next week Survivor and TAR each get 90 minutes. The podcasters at RobHasaPodcast were working hard.. Rob said this was the first time every that he did podcasts for Big Brother, Survivor and Amazing Race in one day. And of course having a really likeable Big Brother couple on Amazing Race adds to the fun this season. I hope they went very far.

While non elimination legs are welcome if it saves a favorite, I think last season where maybe there were too many NELs makes it better to just not have them this time. And no U-Turns is a good thing for my heart..

Good to see you post. Dean was worried about you over in the Zoom thread..

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, September 23, 2022 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah, forgot about U Turns...I didn't like those either. Last years father/daughter team getting multiple saves from non elimination leg was ridiculous. At the time I thought they should limit it to once per team. First time you get a save second time you're out.

I think it would be nice if they kept the Keep Racing leg. Where you think you are last but really you have other tasks to complete before elimination.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, September 24, 2022 - 3:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
TnTitan... they've been doing Survivor and TAR back-to-back on the same night for a few years now.

Dint

05-14-2011

Monday, November 07, 2022 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dint a private message Print Post    
I personally love the non elimination legs in this seasons TAR.

But I would have one serious suggestions for future TAR... with global warming why not have a season of TAR where the contestants only go to locations that are severally impacted by global warming with the suggestions that if countries do not stop global warming future TAR will be impossible.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, November 09, 2022 - 2:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
The show has to have control over the number of people leaving, they are scheduled to be in certain places at certain times. When there is a delay like where one couple got over a full day behind the others, it cause all sorts of problems.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Friday, November 18, 2022 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
The first season, one team was still in Alaska when the winner crossed the finish line.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Saturday, November 26, 2022 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Super legs instead of non-elimination legs means no extra task for the slowest couple. Thus they have a better chance of catching up.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: