TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Discussion

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race - Canada VIII: General Discussion users admin

The Amazing Race Canada
The Amazing Race Canada (on CTV)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Started last Tuesday and on again tonight. I missed last week's show (didn't even realize it had started) but caught up by watching on demand.

It was a good start to what is almost inevitably a fun series. All the teams are likable, though a couple of them just aren't very good at racing.

I'll see if I can do a banner, but unfortunately there just isn't a lot of discussion about Canadian series here at TVCH. If the Canadians here who do watch and enjoy the series feel up to posting more, it would be fun to discuss. :-)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks for this thread AND the heads-up Jimmer! I will have to find the premier ep on Demand too. When you have a moment, I,for one, would be super grateful for a banner. I can NEVER remember who anyone is. Argh.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Have a look for it. It's a fun show (as you know). You've inspired me to do a banner (as soon as I get the chance ).

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Found it on Demand. Seems like a good cast.

The 2 brothers, Brendan and Connor, drive me bonkers with their over the top enthusiasm. But they clearly have good hearts, sharing info, etc. Hope they tone down a bit though. Cuz they are getting on my last nerve, and it's only just starting!

I'm rooting for the Broadway team Catherine and Craig. I adore musical theatre!
And I also really like Cassie and Jameek, the engaged interracial couple. They are so cute, fun, and clearly in love.

The others all seem nice so far too. Early days yet...

Was surprised Jully (professional singer!) and Kathy didn't do too well with the Jazz comp.
((Trivia:I interviewed Ranee Lee once over lunch, for a Celebrity Dining article. She was the singer who judged the contestants' performances at the Jazz club.))

The burlesque comp was a hoot. I was rather surprised the judge's boobs didn't pop out of her revealing outfit!!! I found that hilariously distracting.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, here ya go for banner pix...
https://www.bellmedia.ca/the-lede/tv/ctv/the-amazing-race-canada/

I find the link slow, but when it comes up scroll down and click on CAST & CHARACTERS.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Mame!

Fun show. That burlesque comp was funny! I ... uh ... noticed that about the judge too.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
So good to see this back!!

Starr

07-09-2005

Saturday, July 16, 2022 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jimmer, for the heads up. I didn't realize it had started. Caught the 2nd episode and wow!! There are parts of Canada I see on this show that are just stunning. Episode 1 was locked, so I missed the backgrounds of the racers, but still enjoy watching what I can. Loved the sneaky little twist of a duplicate number on the goats. Haha

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, July 18, 2022 - 2:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Can anyone post a link to the show itself?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, July 18, 2022 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
TNT try thus link...

http://surl.li/clwxk

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, July 19, 2022 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
TNT - if you have a VPN (like SurfShark or Hola), the direct site is https://www.ctv.ca/shows/the-amazing-race-canada

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, August 08, 2022 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Did they skip a week for Ep. 5?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, August 08, 2022 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes it wasn’t on last week. LOL I’ve got to update the banner. These contestants come and go like a revolving door. Good for them persevering and getting the season done.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, August 08, 2022 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well I updated the banner to show the returned teams. Beverley and Veronica sure didn't have a good leg last time. I think that the fact that they weren't given a speed pass kind of rattled them. They got pretty discouraged and frustrated with both of the tasks and they've been one of the stronger teams.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, August 26, 2022 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They've had so many teams coming and going this season it's like a revolving door. Like I keep saying though, I give them full marks for trying their best under rather adverse circumstances dealing with COVID.

Unfortunately, the most recent episode included the three things that I dislike seeing when watching TAR. I don't like teams giving away and using speed passes. I also don't like it when teams are given the opportunity to hold up another team. Finally, I don't like when a group of teams work as an alliance and help each other with the tasks in order to get a strong team out.

I do understand why they do all this. They think it creates interest and excitement and it allows weaker teams to progress farther. However, I'd just like them to race and may the best team win.

Starr

07-09-2005

Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I have to say, I was so impressed with Catherine learning that step dance so quickly (with her loss of short term memory!) Amazing. I think it was more due to muscle memory from her life as a dancer.

What drove me crazy tho, were a few of the guys that couldn't get it to save their lives. I was yelling to them "go stand next to the girls!" I sure wouldn't be able to learn in mirror-image form. I'd need to be on your side, facing the same direction.

Can't remember the quote with the racecars but it was something like "the speed is in the power of the mustache" hahah

Loved the military training segment. Very cool

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, September 20, 2022 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Absolutely wonderful finale. I'm very happy with how it ended. I don't often get emotional watching shows like this but I felt this one.

Ariasmum

07-21-2006

Thursday, September 22, 2022 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ariasmum a private message Print Post    
I agree Jimmer. I got emotional too.

Starr

07-09-2005

Monday, September 26, 2022 - 5:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
Loved the finale. Just wish things were like they used to be (pre-Covid). Seeing them run into a completely empty stadium was sad!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: