TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 05, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXIII: Episode 9, Finale - March 2: Archive through March 05, 2022 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Great season! While I was rooting for Raquel and Cayla, I was more than happy to see Kim and Penn win! Great season all around! Petty drama is NOT needed to make a great reality show!

If I were an airline, I would have offered both Raquel and Cayla a job two months ago, lol.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

I don't even remember the "candy" from any particular leg.

The candy was from the last or 2nd to last challenge of the finale. All of the candy that came out of the piñatas was in red and yellow wrappers, but the piñata whacker was blindfolded, and the "caller" was concentrating on finding the next one. I noticed it and thought it odd that it was just two colors. We viewers saw it, but the contestants might not have. I am pretty sure Kim would not have seen it because she was so concentrated on finding the tiny donkey piñata.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Oh shit... thanks Juju. I wasn't even paying attention to the candy that fell out of the pinatas!!!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I watched the finale last night. I liked all of the teams, but was hoping for another winner, although I'm ok with how it turned out.

In the sardine door painting challenge, were Ryan/Dusty the only ones that had to paint the door knob?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Good question, Scooter, I don't remember.

I do think they picked a "can" with more detail, and I thought it was a bad choice!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I just thought it unfair, because there's was the only door with a doorknob in the middle.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I thought their can was a bad choice too. Too many squiggly lines. I noticed on Arun and daughters door, that the door knob was not in a place on the door that they had to paint (it was background).

What a fun season. I hope we really get another season of TAR. I suspect they have figured out ways to cut cost and crew due to covid so that may help launch another season. Doing things like the time groups for starting, not having speed bumps, etc. Maybe even having them all on the same chartered flight might be cheaper. I don't care, jsut give me more TAR.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Scooter & Brenda, Arun/Natalie's had a door knob in, that seemed like it was in a field of blue, but that's just off the top of my head. I could be wrong.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'll have to go back and look, I'm just curious is all. I really did enjoy this season!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks for looking, Scooter. I'm curious as well!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I was going to go back and look last night after I watched it by I was dealing with 3 dogs, and I knew I wouldn't be able to focus LOL.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The boy's knob was right in the centre of the door, Arun and Natalie's was off to the side, but it did look like it was within the painting so I was surprised they didn't have to paint it (which they didn't). I didn't notice what happened with the two earlier teams.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I went back and watched. Raquel & Kayla's and Arun and Natalie's was to the middle, as well. No one had to paint their knobs except the boys. I'm not sure, but I think I'm crying foul! LOL

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
But were their doorknobs painted on the can of sardines?

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Yes, they were all part of the back ground

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Did they have to paint their doorknobs?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Luckily it didn't change anything in the end, as the final three teams all started at the same time on the final leg. Would have seemed unfair if Arun and Natalie beat them though.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
All of the door knobs were within the painted area so I found it beyond annoying that only the boys were expected to paint it. I admit I was yelling at the tv during that part when I watched, lol.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
True, Kitt! The guys did themselves in on the elevator task, and I'm sure they were probably further behind than the show made it seem.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I THNIK they said they were 30 minutes behind Raquel and Cayla at the finish line. Well Dusty.. he did the interview alone with RHAP. Dusty said at one point they went inside the hotel and then had trouble getting back into the stairwalls and were also looking at inside elevators instead of outside.

Arun and Natalia (and others, too) said that Lulu and Lala put on an amazing party for the finale and they had goody bags with various items like little bagpipes and other items of note from the race and a nice pack that said I survived the Amazing Race.

Racquel and Cayla did get jobs back but say that being a flight attendant has gone from being a great job to being targets of hate and it sucks. I think both are part time and one of them also is a life coach now and loves it. One is pregnant. They said that after the interview with RHAP she would find out the gender of the baby.

Natalia had originally applied with her fiance but three years later when she was called, he was unable to be on the race. When she told her dad, hs said call them back, I'll go!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks for these after tidbits, kids.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 1:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thrilled for Kim and Penn! Great season.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 1:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They all thought production did a great job in terms of support and editing. After the Oracle/Rock task and that leg, Kim was in their rather small room and was really melting down and stuck her head out a window and told production she was done, wanted to quit. Someone walked her outside and they sat in some area for quite some time and she was ready to go again.

Penn would like to do post production for them and I think she would like to work on.. maybe casting? They would not want to run the race again at this point.

Most of the others in top three and Arun and Natalia, mmostly would.. I think Lulu and Lala as well.

One thing that made a difference between Kim and Penn and Cayla and Racquel on that last task was that Kim put out all the tennis raquets so they could see the alternates for the same spot (she haed very extensive notes that she worked on every night). R and C did not pull everything out right away.

The candy images were hardest because, as one interviewer pointed out, the person who was bashing the pinatas had a full head mask. And the partners were not right there.

It seemed that the sets of images were custom, as in including the boat that was rowed by that team, the image from the sardine can that they painted, maybe other things.

The coins were hard because they had several choices and only one person from each team saw the coin and really didn't look hard because they were frazzled and immediately handed it to the Oracle and left.

Phil was interviewed but it was a choppy connection. He said this season was unusual in that he got to spend so much more time with each pair, even before they raced, but especially after they returned, so he got to know them better than he usually does. He said it was A LOT of work to make everyone safe from the pandemic.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks for sharing those tidbits!

Fan3

07-07-2005

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fan3 a private message Print Post    
Penn and Kim made a video of clip from the race one of the fun facts was took the boys 4 hours to find the coin. I wish the race would let us know more times. We used to see what time they finished but now they just show them going out on there next leg..