TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 01, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXIII: General Discussion: Archive through March 01, 2022 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 18, 2022 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
CBS Los Angeles
@CBSLA
·
1h
'The Amazing Race' host and executive producer, Phil Keoghan talks about the return to season 33, what's different and what to expect!

https://twitter.com/CBSLA/status/1483615231226089480

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 25, 2022 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
48 Hours
@48hours
·
Jan 24
Ryan Ferguson spent a decade in prison after he was wrongfully convicted of murder.

Now, as a competitor on The @AmazingRaceCBS
, @lifeafterten shares his journey with @EFMoriarty, who has covered his story from the beginning. https://cbsn.ws/3FXgJfr

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, February 25, 2022 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Four teams left, who do you want to win?

Ryan/Dusty
Penn/Kim
Arun/Natalia
Raquel/Kayla

I couldn't answer this question. I kind of like them all, but there isn't one that stands out for me, so I'm curious what others think!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, February 25, 2022 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Ryan/Dusty

I like them all, too. I'm a little irritated that Arun and Natalia are still there, as they should have been eliminated several times.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, February 25, 2022 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Ryan/Dusty would probably be my first pick.
Then Raquel/Kayla -- I like them a lot too.
Penn/Kim already seem to live a charmed life so they don't need it.
Arun/Natalia are the weakest team so it would be a bit of a disappointment if they win after so many times getting lost and so many second changes, but they are nice people.

What a great season it has been. So enjoyable.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, February 25, 2022 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I like all these teams so it's a tough choice. I guess I'd say Raquel/Cayla. I find Ryan/Dusty and Penn/Kim are both pretty confident teams and I like the way Raquel and Cayla's confidence has grown over the course of the race. They're a bit of an underdog team and I like that as well. As much as I like Arun and Natalia as people, I agree they've had too many chances at this point. Nice they've got to run the whole race though and have had what seems to have been a great experience.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, February 25, 2022 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I would go with Kim/Penn or Raquel/Cayla. Either two would be fine with me. The only team I think shouldnt win is Arun/Natalia. They got too many saves.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Friday, February 25, 2022 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
As of last week's episode, I'm going with Raquel & Cayla for the win.

If not them, they Kim & Penn.

It would be surprising if Arun & Natalie won!

Ryan & Dusty have a chance at the win but Dusty keeps playing with emotions that stop him from remaining calm and focused on tasks at hand.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, February 25, 2022 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Maris, my thoughts exactly!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, February 25, 2022 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I feel the same as Jimmer. I also echo everyone that I like all the teams left.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, February 25, 2022 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Kim and Penn. But really, I am fine with any of the teams winning it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 26, 2022 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks for answering everyone... I think we all kind of see it the same... not happy with Arun/Natalia, and pretty much okay with the rest.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 26, 2022 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Whoever wins is fine with me, including Arun and Natalia. The rules include non elimination legs and the team's compete in the moment, not with their back stories.

I would go with Kim and Penn or Raquel and Cayla.

Two episodes to go and I am happy we got a season at all.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, February 27, 2022 - 5:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
As someone who took a page from Lincoln’s persistence when losing 13 elections in a row starting in 6th grade until winning one in college, I am totally fine if Arundel/Natalie pull out a win.

Raquel/Cayla are my favorites at this point….

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, February 27, 2022 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well it’s not like I’d be at all upset if Arun and Natalia won. It’s been a really fun season.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, February 27, 2022 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure if the last challenge requires them driving and Natalia reading a map, I don't have to worry about them winning.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 27, 2022 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
No but looking online and social media, a lot of people are ready to hurl "unfair" if Arun and Natalia were to win.

I love what you said Legalboxer and there will likely be some driving before they return to the US, but often the final three might have to do some running and Arun is at a disadvantage if his knee was still hurting and Natalia is not super fast.. there was one leg where he was definitely outrunning her..

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, February 27, 2022 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I also love the LB analogy. I am perfectly fine with Natalia and Arun winning. I am always fine with whatever outcome reality television is spinning at us. It is television before it is reality. At the risk of getting banned from these threads as I did from the legendary "Hair" thread many years ago, I will make this bold statement: "It is just television."

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, February 28, 2022 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Agreed that it’s an excellent analogy. You have me convinced. Whoever gets there first has played within the rules of the game and is deserving of the victory. Perseverance in the face of adversity is an admirable quality for sure. Add to that, that they seem like nice people and it’s all good.

Though I did laugh reading Lexie’s comments about the driving and map reading.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 28, 2022 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Juju...the Hair thread! good times :-)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, February 28, 2022 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I won't hurl "unfair" if Natalia and Arun win but I admit I will be muttering "ah shucks". I'm with Lexie - if maps are involved, we won't have to worry about it, lol.

I have really enjoyed this season and the lack of dramatics. Thank you TAR!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 28, 2022 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the order I would like
Girls (especially because they lost their jobs during covid)
Guys (Ryan's story)
Holderness (they have entertained me, I would have wanted them 1st but dont think they need the money like the other 2)
Arun and Nat (great people but just like the others to win more)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 28, 2022 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I keep wondering about the extra Speed Bump challenges Arun and Natalie have had to do to make up for the non-elimination legs. Didn't Michael & Moe mention that they have been doing them, but they're just not shown on camera?

Ignoring the first three episodes before the restart:

E4 Michael&Mo did a Speed Bump and were eliminated, Arun&Natalie did a Speed Bump and finished 6 of 7

E5 No Speed Bumps, Arun&Natalie lost non elimination leg

E6 Akbar&Sheri eliminated, Arun&Natalie did a Speed Bump and finished 3 of 5

E7 No Speed Bumps, Arun&Natalie lost non elimination leg

E8 Lulu&Lala eliminated, Arun&Natalie did a Speed Bump and finished 4 of 5

E9 No Speed Bumps, Arun&Natalie lost non elimination leg

So if you think about it that way, Arun & Natalie started last AND did an extra challenge AND didn't finish last on three occasions. That's pretty impressive. Strangely they're less impressive on the days when they don't have a Speed Bump, as if they feel they can relax.

And also on the driving, if they're coming or going from these other challenges that partly explains why they aren't on the same roads as the others, and always look lost.

I think - assuming TAR is leaving out the Speed Bumps but they are actually happening - they've changed a story about underdogs into one about hangers on. I think A&N would have a lot more people routing for them if they'd shown them doing extra tasks all alone, and still beating other players.

Or at the very least we'd better be able to judge how bad they are, as opposed to how they've just been trying to catch up from the back all this time.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 01, 2022 - 12:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good points, Kitt.

And at least we know for the one speed bump, we missed seeing two teams with one in a giant cabbage.. i wish we had seen those tasks.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 01, 2022 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That looked like it would have been such a fun challenge to watch!