TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Episode 9, Finale - March 2

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXIII: Episode 9, Finale - March 2 users admin

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

United States -> England -> Scotland -> // -> Switzerland -> France -> Greece ->
-> Portugal -> United States

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 02, 2022Dipo25 03-02-22  6:27 pm
Archive through March 03, 2022Kookliebird25 03-03-22  4:54 pm
Archive through March 05, 2022Fan325 03-05-22  10:51 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for all the interesting info. It was a wonderful season with great teams and they all overcame a lot of adversity in a tough time and provided us with a wonderfully entertaining season. So nice to see.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Thank you all for all the extra information you've found!

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
https://theholdernessfamily.com/amazing-race-finale-recap/.....

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 11:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I have NO idea how people watch or listen to podcasts. I cannot imagine investing that length of time, even if it is something I might be interested in.

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Sunday, March 06, 2022 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Juju - You listen while you are doing other things. :-) - Like listening to the radio...or even having the TV on but you are not watching it...

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, March 06, 2022 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Sure. It’s the same with audiobooks. I like to go for a nice walk and listen.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 06, 2022 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Except you have to pay for most of them, LOL, and have a method to listen while walking. I only listen to one on my laptop, don't have a method to listen otherwise.

Not like listening to the radio for free.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, March 06, 2022 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Well shucks! Kid Sis and I totally missed this whole season, no advertisements on our TV, nothing. So we will check for it and binge-watch on Demand w/commercials.

We should have checked in at TVClubhouse more.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 06, 2022 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, Bisc... where ya been?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, March 06, 2022 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Juju well I was on a (23 minute) npr podcast ….as an so called expert on better ways to listen…😁 (npr’s life kit does great 13-25 minute podcast episodes..just enough to be a real story without drawing it out too much - depending on what topic interests you)

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, March 06, 2022 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I've never paid for a podcast. I just use the app on my phone and listen away!

Spear

08-05-2001

Sunday, March 06, 2022 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
TAR streams on Paramount+, which has a promo (expires tomorrow) of $1/month for the first three months. You can supposedly cancel at any time.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, March 06, 2022 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

Juju - You listen while you are doing other things. :-) - Like listening to the radio...or even having the TV on but you are not watching it...

Ah, that explains it. I don't ever listen to the radio or have television on if I am not watching it. When I am walking, I am observing what is going on with nature or my surroundings or planning what I need to do next. I am long retired (very young). I don't have TIME to get into this podcast stuff. I have NO time.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, March 07, 2022 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I've never paid to listen to a poscast either. I listen to lots of them on my apple phone. I listen while I clean house, while I trim shrubs in my yard, and mostly while I craft. I used to listen while I commuted to work, but now I work from home. There are so many great podcasts I wish I had more time for them!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 07, 2022 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
But don't you have to have an apple phone to get them for free? So it cost to get the apple phone.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 07, 2022 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There are other places to stream. i don't, but there is spotify (which I would boycott currently) and apple and.. I know Rob and Taran and crew rattle off list of them plus they are on youtube and Rob's website too.

ARound here, when I was walking more, I like to have my wits about me and take in my surroundings, for enjoyment but also for safety.. like a car turning, or a large dog, or a coyote, kid on a bike or skateboard, even someone wanting to cause harm.

I read some blogs and access the RHAP content on their website or youtube and I often do multitask while listening, though I prefer the ones with video because I really like the people on those podcasts at rhap.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 07, 2022 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I don't think spotify is free, I could be wrong. I do listen to Taran, which is a podcast, but as I said that is on my laptop.

I guess I just don't use my phone for anything more than a phone, I am old fashioned that way. So it has never occurred to me to listen to a podcast on it, LOL.

If I can't listen for free on my laptop (while I clean house and do other things) then I can't be bothered.

I do know a bunch of the ones I see on twitter do require a subscription of some sort, but I guess there are probably free ones out there as well.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 3:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
i usually go right to the websites for podcasts, or a link on facebook, or googling them... i know there are certain podcasts that do require a subscription but i have yet to run into any podcast that i listen to that requires one... there are dozens of platforms to house podcasts.... I also listen on my phone, tablet and laptop - or in the pre-covid days in my car when the radio would play a podcast like The Daily from the NY Times (which was free online too even if you dont subscribe to the NY Times)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Cool, good to know. Thanks.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, there are lots of places that host podcasts. Apple is one. Spotify is free with ads for music, so I would guess podcasts are the same. Stitcher is another place that hosts podcasts. Some have their own website. Some have a "pay" option where you get the podcast a week early. I do not pay. I wait.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, March 19, 2022 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Itunes is free for laptops and you can listen to their podcasts that way.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: