TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Episode 8, February 23rd

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXIII: Episode 8, February 23rd users admin

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

United States -> England -> Scotland -> // -> Switzerland -> France -> Greece

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Hope it is o.k. to start the new thread...

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Leave no stone unturned...

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I wonder if they were told they couldn't cast stones aside. I would have turned one over and then thrown it in a pile.

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
They must have been told in the instructions that they place it back where they found it...

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Dusty probably had to take this roadblock because Ryan did the last one.. but we all know Dusty has the patience of a saint, so this shouldn't bother him at all! (LOL!)

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Raquel and cayla first to pit stop

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Kim and Penn second to pit stop

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Arun and Natalia lost on the road again. I don't know why she even reads a map.

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Good for Raquel and Cayla! (And Kim and Penn) .. I think they now get to book their own hotel rooms...

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Raquel and Cayla received a trip to Kauai Hawaii

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Dusty and Ryan finally found their coin and Arun and Natalia still driving around Greece.

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Are they really? Or is it misdirection on productions part .. so it looks like Dusty and Ryan have a chance? (Bet is another non-elimination)

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Ryan and Dusty are last. It is a non elimination leg

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Arun and Natalia are in third... Ryan and Dusty are last to arrive .. It is a non-elimination and they will continue in the race...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks for starting the thread and updating Needmylifeback!!

So appreciated.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Next week is 2 hour finale. I think it will be shown as two separate hours. Phil said three will race to the mat for the $1million. One will be eliminated at the end of the first hour.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
From the previews of the 2 hour finale, it looks like the 3 remaining teams will eventually race where the L.A. Galaxy plays soccer. I'm thinking this is the finish line.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
But but but the thread title says "Episode 8 - Feb 23" not "Episode 8, February 23rd" twitch twitch twitch

It's good to know Dusty understands his anger issues. That task must have been so frustrating he did well to control it. Also good to see it was a non-elimination, I always think it's unfair when a task is based entirely on luck, and there's little chance to catch up afterwards.

I usually like Arun and Natalie, but I guess the stress is getting to them, Arun particularly just wasn't himself and I was almost hoping they would be out. They are spectacularly bad at directions.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 24, 2022 - 2:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, Arun was really testy..

That stone task was brutal.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, February 24, 2022 - 3:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I absolutely hated that stone task.

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Thursday, February 24, 2022 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
LOL! Kitt - As I was setting it up - I then thought.. I don't remember exactly how the titles went before.... I only know it is episode and the date!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 24, 2022 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yes, I hate those tasks that are pure luck. Remember the giant hay rolls that had to be unrolled to find the clue and the poor gal was looking until dark? I'm glad Dusty kept his cool and Ryan was an excellent and supportive teammate.

Seriously this is one of the most likable final four I can recall. I would be okay with any of them winning. I would not be as joyful if Arun and daughter win as they are clearly the weakest, but they are good people and have endured.

Hate to see this fantastic show conclude. I so hope we get another season! Even with covid, they showed us interesting and beautiful parts of the world and always keep it entertaining.

I have to go back and rewatch this on demand as the news broke in and I didn't get to see the other teams find their rock.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, February 24, 2022 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL I'll change it so Kitt feels better.

Thanks very much for getting it started, Need!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, February 24, 2022 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
While I confess I was kind of hoping that Ryan and Dusty might be eliminated, it is kind of cool (and fair) that they were saved by a non-elimination leg as so many of the other teams have had second chances.

Wow I remember that giant hay roll task. I really liked that team and it was almost cruel how she kept trying to the point of absolute exhaustion and wouldn't give up. She had so much courage and determination.

This is a great season with fun teams. I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 24, 2022 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I hate hate hate those kinds of tasks. All luck, and no skill. And that was one of the worst I remember.

That said, I didn't see most of it since it was pre-empted here by the start of the war on Ukraine. Left the show before anyone found a coin, and rejoined when only Dusty was left looking. Probably better that I didn't see it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, February 24, 2022 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I’ve done the same in other threads, Needmylifeback! Thanks, Jimmer!

There wasn’t much to be missed, if the show broke away during the rock searching. They were mostly just getting on with it. Even with Dusty and his comment about being close to the edge or something, they didn’t show anything more than understandable frustration.

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Thursday, February 24, 2022 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
When I went back and watched the ending ... Phil said that there would be three times that the teams would leave from.. so Arun and Natalie will be leaving 15 minutes behind and Ryan and Dusty will be leaving 30 minutes behind...

And thanks Jimmer for making the correction!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 24, 2022 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Three times and four teams, so I'm a bit confused about which time will be doubled up?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 24, 2022 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I believe the team that came in second were told they would be leaving during the second time. So I'm guessing two teams leave during the second time.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, February 24, 2022 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
The stone task reminded me of the women doing the hay roll task. You had to unroll a hay rool to find a clue inside it. They were working out there after dark, long after all other teams checked in. Unfortunately that was not an non-elimination leg. Phil came out to them to tell them it was over. They would have been better taking the 4 hour penalty instead of working for over 8 hours hours, tired and dirty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Iev7p6LNMM

Starr

07-09-2005

Thursday, February 24, 2022 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I thought it was really nice that Ryan encouraged Dusty to take a break, climb the steps with him and look out over the beautiful countryside. I don't know how old his son is, but he's right that it's much better for the boy to see his dad that way, rather than angry and having a tantrum.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, February 26, 2022 - 5:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Interesting, Sadiesmom. I also thought of the hay roll task and Phil coming to tell them it was over. At least, Ryan and Dusty get another chance.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: