TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Episode 6, February 9th

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXIII: Episode 6, February 9th users admin

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

United States -> England -> Scotland -> // -> Switzerland -> France

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Looking forward to seeing some more exciting racing tonight!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Arun and Natalia may indeed be the all-time champions of being redeemed by come-backs and non-elimination rounds.

Interesting that the four other teams formed separate partnerships with another team to keep the strong young men from winning.

I would guess it is a casting dilemma for this show - how NOT to have 30-40-ish men as teams and NOT have them always run away and trounce all other teams. It gets a trifle jock-boring.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
No spoiling!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So they are in Corsica France driving south to Tour de ? where they get to have maggot cheese.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
They got some really nice convertibles to drive, I think they say T something.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
They have to park and hike up to "The Tower"; the cheese is reveled, looks disgusting, LOL.

They get a big piece and start trying to get it down. Raquel and Cayla say it is very dry, LOL. They manage to get it down and take off.

Detour, Row, Row Row your boat, kayak around and find 10 matching fish. Gently down the Stream, take a cruise around the bay looking for 10 fish, then identify the fish in the order they saw them.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Penn has a hard time but keeps it down and off they go. The chose Gently down the stream.

R/C choose Row, Row your boat but changed to go with Kim / Penn.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The rest have arrived to do the cheese, LOL. Ryan/Dusty have chosen Row your boat.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The guys pick the pink fish to look for, grab the see thru boat and take off. They are very low in the water.

Kim/Penn finish their task and are now going to a port. the girls get it too.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I think they are too heavy for the boat, hahahaha. They are the only ones who choose this task and now they are dumping out the boat, or at least trying to, commerical.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
They finally managed to get the boat emptied and continue on to gathering their fish.

R/C are now at a road block. Knotted up -- repair the holes on the nets. there is a demonstration guy. They have pull the net out and find the hole which is indicated by these little yellow strings and then sew it back together.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
A/N and L/L are working on the list of their fishes trying to find the correct list.

R/D count out ten fish and are off to the RoadBlock.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
A/N and L/L have to go and do the task again because they didn't get the list correct.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The sewing is not going well, LOL. Penn starts using his feet to stretch out the net which seems to help.

A/N and L/L finally get the list correct and are off to the RoadBlock.

Penn gets it done and they are off to the next pit stop. Going to the white limestone cliffs of Bonafacio.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow it is a pretty big climb to get up to this place. Kim/Penn arrive first and get a trip for 2 to Turkey, 6 nights.

Next to arrive are Raquel and Cayla.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Natalia arrives to do the RoadBlock; I don't think she went to see the demonstration because she wasn't finding the hole. She finally finds the broken section.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ryan and Dusty are #3. L/L have finished the task and are off to the pitstop.

Natalie finally finishes. Now they are asking for directions. Both teams are told to go to the Pharmacy and start to climb.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Lulu and Lala collapse at the mat, #4. Natalia/Arun are last and it is a Non-Elimination race.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 10, 2022 - 12:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, this time, and it is hard to know with timing due to edits, but since it looked like the twins and Natalia/Arun were not TOO far apart when they started to the pit stop and neither team made any mistakes in where to turn or go, that Arun was going up that hill faster than Natalia, so the older guy was not the one to slow them down.

I wonder if they will have a secret speed bump next time??

Very pretty scenery.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, February 10, 2022 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I was wondering same thing, Seamonkey.

quote:

No spoiling!!

Oopsie, sorry. I am used to being in Pacific time zone, but am in Central for the winter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 10, 2022 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, no Juju, I was complaining because there was no one spoiling, not asking for there to be no spoiling, LOL.

Context does matter, hahahahaha.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, February 11, 2022 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I know we've had some complaints but I think that this is one of the nicest group of contestants to run the Amazing Race. It's very enjoyable to watch.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, February 11, 2022 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I agree, I like all the groups. My only criticism is that Arun and Natalia have been given too many passes. Once they go we will have a real race to the end.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, February 11, 2022 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Hi Jimmer, I've enjoyed the teams, as well, they are all nice. :-)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, February 11, 2022 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
My complaints about how Akbar treats his wife aside, I have enjoyed all the teams this year. If more teams had been able to return, there probably would not have been as many chances for Arun and Natalia to keep running. I'm also enjoying the fact that they all have to do their own driving. It's like swimming, people - learn drive a stick shift before you apply to The Amazing Race! The scenery has been gorgeous.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, February 12, 2022 - 2:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
For some reason I think the cars are automatic now. No one seems to have a problem driving. No stalls, no gears grinding, no whining.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 12, 2022 - 4:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, automatics.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Saturday, February 12, 2022 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
That is why they have made a big deal of how nice the cars are. They got automatics for the screen time. I think a good deal. One leg of a race might depend on the ability to drive shift. Many legs should not.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: