TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Episode 4, January 26th

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXIII: Episode 4, January 26th users admin

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

United States -> England -> Scotland -> // -> Switzerland

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 26, 2022Dipo25 01-26-22  6:58 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 26, 2022 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Looks like they are headed to Corisca France.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 26, 2022 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So predictable, the strong dudes first again, Akbar and Sheridan bickered and Arun and Natalia are lost.

I need to go post on Their Instagram that, again, they failed to acknowledge that there was a Speed Bump and just said that the belt caused Michael and Moe to be eliminated.

Beautiful scenery and the music 🎶 was fun.

Dipo, I also thought oh no when Akbar and Sheridan chose the stairs, but I cannot imagine them working together as required by the sausage task.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
After the bungee jump they had to go to Lugano, Switzerland for the detour. I was in Lugano in August '70. That whole area, southern Switzerland through the Dolomites / Simplon Pass into northern Italy is beautiful. Would love to see that area again.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I swear... Arun and Natalie couldn't navigate their way out of a paper bag. I'm pissed that last night was a NEL. They can go.

I still can't fathom how Sheridan was on a pit stop for 19 months and couldn't get into shape. And no matter how many times Akbar tells us she's an athlete, I don't believe it. She has no business being on this race.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
There have been dozens of past contestants who have been less than physically capable who have run the race with varying degrees of success. Sheridan is no different.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Arjun and Natalie have the worse sense of direction ever. Do they even ever stop to ask someone? Clearly, they don’t know how to read a map.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I couldn't have even watched people do that bungee jump. I'm not sure how their legs got them up the stairs to do it! SO Scary!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Brenda, I probably would have fainted...LOL

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It wouldn't surprise me if some of them could hardly walk the next day. Stairs at speed are hard, not just at the time, but specifically on your calf muscles. If they weren't used to it (and I don't know many who would be used to that many stairs) I bet they suffered the next day.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, maybe it was just me, but that task seemed extreme. One trip up the stairs would be sufficient it seems. *maybe* two, but forcing them to do it 3 or 4 times? Yikes.

I didn't find the tasks last night very interesting.

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Kim and Penn said that they trained prior to the first start of the race by wearing heavy backpacks.. carrying weird things (Kettle bells) up flights of stairs... and they ended up only having to do three trips ..(Ryan and Dusty took four) they also (everyone doing that task) could not rest their arms on their fanny packs.

They going to that task were so mentally wiped from the bungee task that they went in the wrong direction .. (about 15 minutes out of the way once they asked for directions - when they just had to drive over the hill) but they still came in 3rd!

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Akbar is a total jerk. He is proud of his wife until she need support. I hope as they watch this season he does some reflection.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I strongly disagree that Sheri has no business being a contestant. She is at least 20 years older than some of the contestants.She climbed a mountain in Switzerland on a goat path while being deathly afraid of heights, and then she bungee jumped head first off the second highest bungee jump in the world, and then she climbed an excruciating number of steps FOUR times, and she is STILL in the game. The woman is a true warrior, and I am proud of her on behalf of women and on behalf of middle-aged people, and on behalf of well-endowed middle-aged women. She is KILLING it, all while dragging a man who perhaps doesn't deserve such a woman behind her. I don't have high hopes of her winning the game, but she can be VERY proud of her performance to date.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, January 28, 2022 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well said, Juju! I've found her pretty amazing to say the least.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, January 28, 2022 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree Juju!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, January 28, 2022 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
When I look at Sheridan before and after the pit stop, I thought she had lost a bit of weight in the 19 months..not that it matters. She certainly has a lot of guts to step off into the abyss. I’m not sure I could’ve done that.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, January 28, 2022 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I agree about Sheri. She has more courage than her husband that is for sure. She pushes to overcome her fears. I don't see her winning the game but she sure is a winner in my mind. Her husband acts like she is an anchor dragging him down from being a winner but she is the one who is carrying him. He couldlnt even qualify for the bunji jump.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 29, 2022 - 1:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Akbar and Sheridan were not sitting around during the 19 months. They kept up their program for kids but added in some sort of meal program for people, so they were pretty busy.

But they were pretty fortunate that two teams had to do the Speed Bump task.

ANd just read Juju's post.. yes, all of that!

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Saturday, January 29, 2022 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
One of the other things that Kim and Penn have said they do.. is they and anyone else from the teams get together on a zoom type conference after the showing of the episode and they all chat about what they were thinking ....

In their podcast from this last episode - they showed some of it.. Abkar and Sheri, Arun and Natalia (in separate places), Lulu and Layla and Ryan and Dusty (were all at Ryans place - Lulu and Layla live 15 minutes away?)... Sam and Connie were there for a few - and introduced their baby...I think Cayla was there too

ANYWAY .. this group of contestants are all very close - because of the way this season's race was so unique .. it brought them all together...

I'm going to try to post the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VdSpVTYHwU

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, January 29, 2022 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That looks like it’ll be interesting to watch. Nice that they’re so friendly.

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, January 29, 2022 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Great video Need.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, January 29, 2022 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I would have been tempted to push Abkar off the mountain or down the stairs. I wouldn't actually do it but might have wanted to. Don't want him to die or be seriously injured but if it resulted in him needing to wire his jaw shut for a day or two...

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, January 29, 2022 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I told my husband if I had to do that bungee jump...he would have to come on the platform and push me off! I would have been frozen in place.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: