TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 07, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXIII: Episode 1, January 5th: Archive through January 07, 2022 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 05, 2022 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And when 2 teams found it pretty easily they thought it was too easy so they stayed and started sorting the mail.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 05, 2022 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Now each team member has to throw 3 darts, and both need to hit the bullseye at the same time.

Or, they go and match cakes to flags, I think that was what they said.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 05, 2022 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh they have to decorate cakes to match a flag.

Twins finally find the clue and are in last place.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 05, 2022 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
They have 2 decorate 2 cakes and there are a bunch to choose from but I think they said they have to be part of the European Union.

The girls are doing the British Flag and they are not part of the EU.

The boys get the darts in, they each had a beer, don't know if that is part of the task or they just wanted to have a beer, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 05, 2022 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, the beer is part of the task.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 05, 2022 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Quite a few teams are doing the decoration.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 05, 2022 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ryan and Dusty are team #1, they didn't show them winning anything extra.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 05, 2022 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ut oh, looks like we have a team that is in a cab going the wrong place .

OH, the girls asked for coffee, LOL, but Phil gave them some tea.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 05, 2022 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Now showing teams in bad traffic.

But Taylor and Isaiah are team #9. And the twins are now the last team to arrive.

But they are still racing ... he gives them another clue. They have a train to catch, they are going to Scotland.

So no elimination this round, and looks like next week they show the race being suspended because of Covid.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, January 05, 2022 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soooooo good to see them racing, and a special treat for it to be London and lots of places I know.

I had to laugh a little when that first team who went out just pasted random bits of paper on the wall, instead of making the picture. And at the two who psyched themselves out of thinking a clue with Amazing Race on it was an Amazing Race clue!

Sorry to mention it, but was Sheridan even wearing a bra in the first leg? No wonder she didn't want to run, that must have been so uncomfortable to not have the girls strapped down properly.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, January 06, 2022 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Anthony and Spencer won a trip to Turks & Caicos.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 06, 2022 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't think she was wearing a sports bra with the proper support for big tatas.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, January 06, 2022 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I think people underestimate the amount of fast walking & running that is required on this race. I think Sheridan was overwhelmed by it. It's one thing to be in shape for every day and quite another to throw running into the mix for a race. My heart went out to her and her husband's attitude didn't help. Like Pamy, I was brought to tears hearing some of the back stories on these people at the beginning and this was one team I really wanted to root for. I'll continue to root for their program at the high school but TAR might not be the best competition for them as a couple.

This race is not easy. You can literally see the exhaustion and it's effect on more then a few teams in the race and this is only the first city!

I was really sorry to see the two policemen, Michael & Mo, go in the first round. There are so many groups to root for this season, I love it!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, January 06, 2022 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
What a great cast! So many interesting stories. So many people to root for!

The guy who was wrongfully convicted. It's a fascinating (and horrifying) story. True Crime Garage has a good two parter podcast on it. I told my daughter to brush up on it as there is a documentary about him on Netflix I want us to watch next week.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, January 06, 2022 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree with everyone here. Excellent start to the season. Really fun mix of teams. I'm so happy that they made this work despite all the COVID challenges.

(Thanks for the recaps, Dipo. )

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, January 06, 2022 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Sorry, should have mentioned the True Crime Garage podcast episodes. They are numbers 439 and 440 -- Charles Erikson is the title. They can be found on apple podcast and stitcher.

Also loved that we got 2 hours to start! Nice way to bring us back to world travel with TAR. And yes, it was odd to see them out in the world all 'normal' and interacting with others. Will be very interesting to see how it is post-covid.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, January 06, 2022 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm literally an amazing race fanatic! I love love love it! I cannot tell you how happy I am that it is back! Let's hope it stays that way!

I was also thinking that poor lady needed a sports bra

I was shaking my head when the two guys found the clue right away and then said this is too easy! I don't think I've ever seen once before where somebody had gotten something right and stood there an extra half an hour because they thought they had gotten it too easy

Will be interesting to see how they changed the rest of the race to accommodate for covid... But frankly they could do it underground in a sewer and I think I'd still love it LOL

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, January 06, 2022 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I have to say it was almost surrealistic to see them all out there without a care in the world and not knowing what was coming. Life has changed a lot the last couple of years.

Seeing a show like this makes me happy, especially that they were able to find a way to finish it.

Bbpeach

07-06-2005

Thursday, January 06, 2022 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I wonder if the break they had for COVID will help some of them. Now that they had a taste of what they’re in for, if they worked on some of their weaknesses. For instance, working out more, longer distance running to build up stamina, etc.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, January 06, 2022 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well also she was racing with a full pack, I understand they reduce it as they go and there is that one couple who raced and said disposable underwear is the way to go because they have to do their laundry when they can and it usually does not have time to dry. also, if they have to pee and no bathroom....a woman can go.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 06, 2022 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sheridan needed to visit Molly from 90DayFiance.. she has a bra shop and would have everything under control.

I hope they stop fighting each other and would love to think if I had a chance to go on Amazing Race, I'd be working out as much as possible to gain stamina..

SO happy to be able to watch racers again..

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, January 06, 2022 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I agree. When Penn kissed the Queen I cringed and then thought it is sad that a scene like that now makes me cringe. Sad how much our world has changed.

Preshow I was super excited for Kim and Penn because I love them but Penn is playing to the camera too much and I think he will wear on my nerves soon.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 06, 2022 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I had those reactions to close contact too. That was a different time..

But I always get frustrated when TAR teams spend too much time congratulating each other and kissing, hugging, thanking, etc.. I want to say, GO!!

Now I realize that there is production and sometimes things actually are not as they seem on this show but still, there are times when teams are almost in or out by a photo finish and they shouldn't be wasting time.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
https://www.newsweek.com/amazing-race-season-33-ryan-ferguson-wrongful-imprisonment-1666246

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
OG YOU ARE WANTED IN THE ONE LIE AND ONE TRUTH THREAD