TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
5th Show, Nov 11th

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXII: 5th Show, Nov 11th users admin

"You Don't Strike Me as a Renaissance Man"

TAR
United States -> Trinidad and Tobago -> Colombia -> Brazil -> Paraguay -> France
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, November 08, 2020 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
CBS sched page titles this as "I'm Not Even Walking, I'm Falling"

But our DirecTV lists it with last week's missing hour as
"You Don't Strike Me as a Renaissance Man"

So, I don't know what to expect. Sure hoping we get lucky!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Same listing on TiVo -- one hour "You Don't Strike...."

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
my DVR shows one ep tonight, and then next week two eps.
The one tonight is "you don't strike". And yes, I had to tell the DVR to record. So frustrating that it doesn't know to automatically do it after a schedule change like that. I guess it thinks it already recorded it. Grrrr....

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I had to update my recording too, season pass was not showing it as recording.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I just noticed it was on about mid way through the episode, grr. Hopefully it will be On Demand tomorrow.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Tonight's show was the "Renaissance Man". There were some stick-shift problems, lol. There's also a funny cream pie scene.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I felt so bad for the sisters. I hope they continue to grow the loving relationship they started during this race

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Ditto here all, Brenda, on TiVo.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
And I ate dinner early here so I could watch it on live feed from east coast, where it was billed as being on at 9 pm, which would make the showing here 6 pm. I turned it on just before 6 and caught what looked like the end, so it must have been on at 5. Oh well, I'll just watch it here in real time at 8 pm. If I can figure out how to operate the television. Bigdog watches television; I do not.

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Choosing an actor first and then looking for the picture was faster.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, November 12, 2020 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm very confused about something. Did it take the sisters SIX HOURS to get from one location to another (which looked to be a straight shot), or was it their TOTAL drive time for the entire leg was six hours?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, November 12, 2020 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I wondered as well. I know traffic can be bad and slow in Paris, but six hours?!?! How lost can one get?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, November 12, 2020 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
According to tvline.com, it did take Michelle/Victoria 6 hours to get from one place to another.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, November 12, 2020 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Very! AND not all - in fact few - Parisians are willing to speak English althought many of them have English. I have to say though that it didn't seem that they asked for directions!

Imagine how difficult the matching task would have been in these days of masks!

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Thursday, November 12, 2020 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
I remember being in Paris in 1966 and asking for directions in English. People never said that they didn't know, but just gave wrong information.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, November 12, 2020 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
In parts of Asia they will give you wrong directions, not to be mean, but because they don't want to appear to not know! But really, in all of my travels, people are nice and helpful. In japan a lady walked us all the way to the correct subway station and helped us buy tickets. In France I only had one French person be rude to me and it was in Disneyland Paris of all places!

That team deserved to lose if they drove around for 6 hours. It was only an hour from town, so did they drive in the wrong way an hour, making it 2 hours back to town or 3 hours? And then 3 hours driving around Paris?!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, November 12, 2020 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I went to Paris by myself in 2003 (kindly vacating premises so Bigdog could remodel the kitchen), and never had anybody be rude to me. But I would usually try to ask them in French, and then they would reply in English. LOL.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, November 13, 2020 - 1:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
It is not that easy to be nice all the time, In my New York days, people on the subway would ask me directions all the time in a variety of languages, Turkish, Italian (I could kind of help with my poor Spanish) Icelandic, but they could speak broken English. And it was easier to take them where they wanted to go, but some were very complicated, I usually took them to the token seller to get a map and then would draw out directions. But when it happens every day and you want to get somewhere it is not always easy to be that nice. When I would go home, to Weehawken, it was the same thing, people would tell visitors to take a bus to see our view and they didn't know how to get back. I would have to take their money and count out bus fare and wait until the bus came to put them on it. Entire families would be lost. I only hope I gave them the right directions, some would hand me a note with an address in English, but others would try hand signals or just talk louder when I did not understand.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, November 13, 2020 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Bigdog once gave directions to two bicyclists when we lived in San Francisco. I came up on the end of it as they were riding away and asked him what was going on. He's very helpful, just not very good at directions. I will always wonder what became of those two cyclists.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, November 14, 2020 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Their ghosts are often seen, cycling in circles around San Francisco.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, November 14, 2020 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Jimmer!!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, November 14, 2020 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
LOL. Yepper. Oh well.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, November 14, 2020 - 10:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
ROFL!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, November 16, 2020 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: