TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Discussion

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race - Canada VII: General Discussion users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, July 02, 2019 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Starts tonight (Tuesday July 2nd)!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, July 02, 2019 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads-up Jimmer.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, July 02, 2019 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You're welcome. I find it easy to miss the "Canadian" stuff.

And the Canadian shows are some of the best!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, July 03, 2019 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yes. Do you remember CANADIAN IDOL? I still miss it.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, July 03, 2019 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh Canadian Idol was great. I especially enjoyed the second season. That was the first time an Idol show allowed contestants to play an instrument.

I also find that Canadian reality shows tend to have less conflict.

Last night's episode was great. I'm sorry we didn't know they were in Toronto. I'd have loved to see that filmed.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, July 04, 2019 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Has there only been one episode so far?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, July 04, 2019 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes. Just the one this week.

March

10-02-2003

Saturday, July 06, 2019 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send March a private message Print Post    
Wish
Jet and Dave had lasted longer. They are fun to watch.

Realityjunkie

05-17-2011

Saturday, July 06, 2019 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Realityjunkie a private message Print Post    
Ya I can’t believe they got that lost! Just shows how important navigation is in the race.
I don’t have a favourite yet, but I also don’t dislike any team yet.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, July 07, 2019 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I live The Amazing Race" any and every where! How do I find this one?

Starr

07-09-2005

Sunday, July 07, 2019 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I thought for sure Jon (?) was going to jump off that tower in the beginning, or have the racers rappel off it. I looked on the CN Tower website and see they do "edge walking" - yikes. Just as scary to me. But I was surprised the racers didn't have anything to do with it, just the host.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, July 07, 2019 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You can watch episodes on the CTV network website for free but you need to be in Canada or use a VPN. I can explain further if you like. It’s a great series.

March

10-02-2003

Friday, July 12, 2019 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send March a private message Print Post    
I am not liking Dave and Irina. Well more her than him. She is just way too rude.
Telling the person handing out the clues at the bike race challenge to hurry up as they were in a race - no need for that.
Couldn't even be happy for the 1st place winners - saying she didn't care about the trip to Spain as she has already been there. What is wrong with her?

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, July 13, 2019 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Agree, March. They seem to be the only really unlikeable couple this year. Their arrogance (especially hers) is way over the top.

Starr

07-09-2005

Saturday, July 13, 2019 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I think SHE thinks it's coming off as cute and competitive but to me, it's rude and mean-spirited.

Flossiebebe

09-01-2005

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flossiebebe a private message Print Post    
Sorry to see the grandfather/grandson go....especially for the way they went. Not liking Irina and Dave much. The dating couple who are 2nd are cute and I like the blonde mothers/friends. The native couple is different and they do lighten things up

Starr

07-09-2005

Sunday, July 21, 2019 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I agree. I really wanted to see more of Gilles and Sean. I was glad to see they left the way they did (hugging/headlock) LOL

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, July 21, 2019 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Sorry to see them go as well. I’m finding all the teams likable though Irina and Dave somewhat less as they are a bit abrasive.

Such a fun show to watch!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, August 01, 2019 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I ADORED that the two teams worked together in this last episode (Anthony/James and Aarthy/Thinesh). I am SO ready for David/Irina to be GONE! The rest of them, though - love 'em!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, August 04, 2019 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Irina and Dave act incredibly entitled and ignorant in my opinion. My 7 and 8 year old stepsons comment how rude they both are at least once an ep.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, August 04, 2019 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They are far and away the worst players ever on an Amazing Race Canada. It's rare enough that even one team member is obnoxious but these two are both obnoxious. Ugh!

Mimi

04-30-2009

Saturday, August 17, 2019 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised at the lack of posts for this show. It's really good.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, August 18, 2019 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It is a great show. Just not as many Canadians on the board so not as many viewers.

I kind of even liked Irina and Dave in the last episode. They were quite funny.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I'm watching every week and loving it! I just don't want Irina and Dave to win, but after that - not much preference at all as all the racers are enjoyable to watch!

Flossiebebe

09-01-2005

Monday, August 26, 2019 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flossiebebe a private message Print Post    
Nice diversity of teams this year. Not a big fan of Irina and Dave but they're getting a better edit in later episodes....potential winners??

Cinapoo1958

05-11-2006

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinapoo1958 a private message Print Post    
I can't stand Dave and Irina. Looking forward to them losing.

Starr

07-09-2005

Sunday, September 08, 2019 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
Who would've thought apples would take out the team that was in the lead for most legs. Shocker!! Admittedly, that sorting looked hard for a few types.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, September 09, 2019 - 5:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Quite the surprise. That was a surprisingly difficult task. Although I liked them least by far, they did seem to be mellowing a bit as the race progressed. Even our “bad” contestants aren’t that bad.

I love all three of the final teams though!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, September 09, 2019 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
We literally live in the middle of cherry and apple orchards (Michigan is 3rd largest US producer of apples and 1st of tart cherries), and Anthony & James nailed it when they said, "Mother Nature can be tricky!" So happy to see them win, and not sad to see David and Irina leave.

Mimi

04-30-2009

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
I can tell a few from the smell. Macs and Gala.

My favourite team won. I wonder how close team two was.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Great season! So many good and entertaining teams. I’m very happy with the winners.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, September 15, 2019 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
A wonderful season again. Very happy with the guys finishing first. My step son picked it from the first ep. he said they were is favourite. The board game was a fun way to do the trivia portion.

I will say that I feel like the tasks should be a little more evenly distributed to the teams like the US version has done. And yes I’m referring mainly to Irina. I think they would have been out a lot sooner or maybe Irina would have surprised herself. I think that is part of TAR, growing and pushing yourself.

And TAR Canada has been picked up for season 8!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, September 15, 2019 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I was really into it this year. Was happy with 1st and 2nd. :-) Could have gone either way, I liked both teams.

Tk27

07-04-2004

Sunday, October 06, 2019 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tk27 a private message Print Post    
I just binge watched all 7 seasons in about a month. Thank God Dave and Irena never won. Worst couple ever on any of the Amazing Races!

It was sad to see that one of the "Giver" dudes died a couple of months ago. :-(

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: