TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
5th & 6th Shows, May 22nd

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXXI: 5th & 6th Shows, May 22nd users admin

"I'm a Bird, I'm a Plane, I'm On the Amazing Race"
and
"Who Wants a Rolex?"

The Amazing Race
United States -> Japan -> Laos -> Vietnam -> United Arab Emirates -> Uganda
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
NOTE: It starts early for 2 hrs of shows @ 8pm & 9pm

"I'm a Bird, I'm a Plane, I'm On the Amazing Race"

"Who Wants a Rolex?"

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
wahoooo!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I missed it last week and today I thought it was Wednesday and wondered where it was.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
It wasn't on last week.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This show is incredible. The architecture in Dubai is magnificent.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I loved them running around in dinosaur suits. Looking for their eggs. Much better than virtual reality diving. and that zip line, whoa!!! but everyone is always bunched together, I know it is easier for the show but when they are starting 4 or more hours apart, it hardly seems fair.

Alittlebirdie

09-08-2006

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alittlebirdie a private message Print Post    
Who was eliminated?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
First hour....NEL
Second hour....Janelle and Britney were eliminated.
Haven’t watched it yet.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
If first hour had been elimination -- Rachel & Elissa would have been gone. I wish.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 3:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, Dubai was pretty amazing to see.

I wish Janelle could have fun the race with someone stronger. I love Brit, but she was so slow and always seemed to want Janelle to do the task.

However, they have said it was a great experience for them, so that is all good.

That zip line was amazing.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 6:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
My question is why all the yelling on the zip lines??

They look like such fun and that one was awesome.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
why not yell on the zip line? don't people yell on rides all the time? Ever scream on a roller coaster?
I need to google those dinosaur suits, they were so adorable.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Luckily no team did the face off more than twice. And the two worse teams did the last challenge instead of shoving for the finish line.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I may be wrong about this, but it seems to me that other than the first pairing, (where one of two teams had to win playing for the first time), in every other pairing it was the team with experience that won.

Not really much of a face off.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Exactly.

Another interesting thing was they were allowed to switch who did the stacking between tries. At least one pair did that.

And it was ok for the non-stacking team mate was allowed to coach the stacker. Some teams used this to great advantage, while others just cheered and were of no actual help.

The Afghanimals will never be favorites for me and I am totally over Colin and Christie endlessly telling us how evolved and mellow they are, now.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, they've always been allowed to switch in the faceoffs. I remember that crazy wheelbarrow one they did, and lots of discussion about whether someone should switch off or not.

So, that didn't bother me. But this particular game was one where a little bit of experience went a long way, so there wasn't much chance for a new team to come in and win against a team with experience.

*Everyone* did very poorly the first time through and markedly better the second.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was ROTF at them running in the dino costumes!!! Dubai is sooo awesome! loved the spots they went to!

I hate the head to head at the finish line

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The dino costumes were great fun.

Yes the experienced teams did have an advantage in the stacking challenge but I think that was part of the benefit of getting there first. However, as Janelle said, at least the challenge did give the later teams a chance at moving up a place or not being eliminated.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 23, 2019 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am not a fan of the head to head but better than U Turns.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 24, 2019 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think my point is that there really wasn't any chance to move up, since having one round of experience made it unlikely that any new team could win.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm really surprised they brought back the head-to-head this season. They were excoriated over it the last time they had it on the show. Wasn't there a team that came in first to the pit stop (or one of the very first to arrive) but ended up being eliminated because they couldn't win the head-to-head? It is an absolutely horrible twist.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
it was a very physical task and if you lost you were worn out for the next run.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yes that is how I remember it too.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: