TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 27, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXX: General Discussion: Archive through November 27, 2018 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I would suspect that they are trying to draw in fans of the other shows in order to drive up the ratings for The Amazing Race. Personally I would rather see these people than people like "internet personalities" or some weird stuff like that (although the last show I liked because I thought the contestants were all very competitive and relatively competent).

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Fortunately, it looks like most of the BB teams were cut. There are only three BB teams racing, and the rest are Survivor and TAR teams. The list is out (they started filming today). Please let me know if I can post list here (it is from BBW FB page)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Big Brothers Whispers.

Courtesy of Big Brothers Whispers:

Filming begins today on The Amazing Race. Like I was told over and over they were not happy with the BB cast they had so they ended up going BB, Survivor and TAR.

Amazing Race 31 Cast:
Bret and Chris (Surv.)
Eliza and Corrine (Surv.)
Rupert and Laura (Surv.)
Rachel and Elissa (BB)
Victor and Nicole (BB)
Janelle and Britney (BB)
Leo and Jamal (TAR)
Becca and Floyd (TAR)
Tyler and Korey (TAR)
Art and JJ (TAR)
Colin and Christie (TAR)

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I like that list..

Missyb

07-28-2004

Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
I think the most formidable of the BB players are Victor and Nicole. Booth very strong competitors. Although Nicole may still be somewhat naive about travel . The other two teams have the edge on them there. Looking forward to strong showings from Brit and Janelle.

Thank you Lexi for posting !

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
YW Missy.

Wilson - I love this list. There's really no one on this list that I don't like. I'm not a huge fan of Jamal and Leo from TAR but I don't despise them like I do with 98% of those that appear on BB. I do like Janelle, Brittney, Victor and Rachel. Personally, I can't wait to see Eliza and Corinne (but I could do without Rupert - but whatever - I'l take him if it means one less BB team).

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Intriguing mix!

I don't really like Corrine or Eliza much, but it will be interesting to see how they do on Survivor. I've enjoyed Rupert and we haven't seen him in a while. His wife seems very sweet. I barely remember Chris but I recall liking Brett.

Janelle and Britney should be a really fun team. I guess I'm ready for more whining from Nicole. And Victor had some charm.

AS for the returning TAR teams: I enjoyed Becca and Floyd quite a lot. Hated how they went out.
My memory is bad and I don't recall Colin and Cristy, but it sounds like they were unlikable. It will be interesting to see if they come across that way again. They are prime candidates to be this seasons villains again IMO.

I don't remember much about Art and JJ. I seem to recall Leo and Jamal being enjoyable. I really loved Tyler Oakley, so I'm happy to see them back.

I'm really glad they did not stick to mostly BB people. I don't think most of them have the right temperament for TAR.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 11, 2018 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Colin and Christy are famous for "My ox is broken."

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 3:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Production did something they very rarely do. They filmed the finale yesterday in downtown Detroit in the middle of the week. Usually the finale is filmed on the weekend in a remote area away from prying eyes... and Twitter.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, July 09, 2018 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Jokers has spoilers for the new TAR if anyone is interested.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, July 09, 2018 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I find Jokers too hard to read. I love RFF. They were spoiling the finale in real time, which is very unusual since as a rule they will only say who are the final three teams and not spoil the winner. However, with the finale being in Detroit in the middle of the workday, it was kind of hard to spoil without giving away the names of the winners.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, July 09, 2018 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
If anyone is like me and has a hard time following Jokers, Reality Fan Forum has a "finale" thread dedicated to the final leg only.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, July 09, 2018 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
On Jokers go to Other Reality Shows (on rt side), click on that and the page has The Amazing Race Spoilers. It’s really easy.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 4:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jag, but I happen to find RFF much easier to follow and it was amazing watching the final leg spoiled in real time (because in past seasons we knew who the F3 were, but not the order of the finish).

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, November 12, 2018 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
YAY - we have a Season 32 which is filming right now and it looks like all newbies (no reruns, and no previous CBS reality TV contestants)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, November 12, 2018 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Also, it looks like there doesn't appear to be a "discernible" theme this year, so it looks like we actually have real fans of the show and not CBS recruits!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, November 12, 2018 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
wahoooo!!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, November 12, 2018 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That’s great news!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, November 12, 2018 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It actually bodes well for the show that they have started filming Season 32 when 31 hasn't even aired yet. Hopefully this means we will be back to two seasons airing each year!!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Season 31 starts May 22, 2019.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
May???? I thought that it would air sometime in either January or February. That sucks!!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://tvline.com/2018/11/27/amazing-race-premiere-date-celebrity-big-brother-season-2/

May 22...

And not new people.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I already feel like I watched it since it was so spoiled while they filmed, Im shocked they are waiting until May to show it

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah I do too Pamy... I'm just bewildered that it isn't coming on until May. Maybe if a mid-season show really tanks in January or February, they will move it up.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah. Unfortunately, I read spoilers and not sure I want to watch. I know,I probably will.