TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 05, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXX: General Discussion: Archive through June 05, 2018 users admin

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I saw on TMZ that it was Jody’s idea to suggest to CBS to have former BB contestants on a TAR season.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
www.realityfanforum.com

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Looks like you found the proof :-) even if it wasnt successful it was still done.

Yes, but that's not what they said everywhere else. And the second link I posted said it had nothing to do with helping Jody, that it was some random comedian who just wanted to mess with racers.

The point is, it was meaningless, it had no effect on the outcome of the race, and didn't help them win.

They won on their very own.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Thanks Seamonkey!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 14, 2018 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think my point is that I am not alone in disliking all the cross promotion within the reality show world, seeing the same people in show after show and social media popularity (and often more like social media numbers, often for being scandalous) becoming more important than the actual show or integrity of the show.

Different points can be valid.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 14, 2018 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sea, absolutely. People can have different opinions.

But the *racers* said it had no effect, so since they were there, I"m going to go with their words.

And, I'm okay with the cross promotion. They wouldn't do it if it didn't help ratings. So I think more people like it than dislike it.

And I love this show, so I am for whatever cross promotion they need to keep it going!

So-called show "integrity" isn't real. The only thing that matters is the ratings.

:-)

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, May 18, 2018 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I will say this- if this list of teams is even half true, I'm in...

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/the-amazing-race-season-31-big-brother-survivor-players-cast/

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 18, 2018 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
there are some great teams!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 18, 2018 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think they look great! What fun!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It could be really interesting with Nicole and Victor (who are a couple) and Corey and James, all from BB18. Weren't Nicole and Corey a couple (as much as anyone can be a couple in the house)?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yes but we all thought Corey wasnt into her at all

my fav team is Janelle and Brittnay!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, May 19, 2018 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Awww.. I'm bummed but not surprised that Dr. Will turned it down. He's pretty involved in family life and his medical practice.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
More speculation:
http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/28/the-amazing-race-josh-martinez-paul-abrahamian-big-brother-rivals/

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Haven't watch TAR in years, but would tune in for this. Would prefer to see Dan partnered with Janelle. I can't stand Britney and could do without Jessie too.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think Josh would be better off with Christmas. Paul doesnt seem like he would be good at the Race plus I dont want to see him again

Breanna95838

07-08-2011

Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Breanna95838 a private message Print Post    
The Amazing Race' Makes Shocking Final Cuts for 'Big Brother' Edition

Caleb Reynolds, aka Beast Mode Cowboy, was also told he's no longer wanted for the upcoming season, and perhaps most shockingly ... former enemies turned friends -- Josh Martinez and Paul Abrahamian -- also got dropped from the cast.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/06/02/amazing-race-shocking-cuts-big-brother-edition-james-corey-caleb/

Breanna95838

07-08-2011

Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Breanna95838 a private message Print Post    
@Pamy - saw earlier on a different source that Christmas is 4 mos pregnant

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I saw that too but even at 4mo preggers she would do better at challenges LOL

bummed about Caleb, I would love to see him on TAR!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, June 02, 2018 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I dont want to see Ian Terry or Bridgett. Wish they paired DaVonne with someone better

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 04, 2018 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I definitely like more people from Survivor than I do BB. I find after about 2-3 weeks I hate almost all the houseguests for various reasons. That being said, I do like Janelle and Brittany so I hope they are still running the race; however, I also will NOT miss James Huling and Corey Brooks and am very happy that they were cut with Paul.

I'm thrilled that half the teams racing will be from Survivor because there are only a handful of people from Survivor that I don't like after 37 seasons.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 04, 2018 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Why do I suspect that Paul was making unreasonable demands?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I actually think it is more TPTB read the blogs (and we know they do) and saw that a lot of people aren't fans of Paul and didn't want him on the show. That would also explain them cutting James Huling and Corey Brooks. They were not what you would call "fan favorites."

When you peruse the interwebs, there were always a shitload of posts complaining about casting those three and how they would ruin the show - so I think TPTB just cut them to avoid losing viewers. Also, a lot of people complained about it being an all BB cast so by making these cuts, they could get more Survivor teams on the show.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I didn't mind James that much. Couldn't stand Paul and honestly do not know how well he would do in an environment where he couldn't control everything around him.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I’m not liking seeing Rachael Riley on another CBS reality show. What is this #4 for her?? Glad they cut Paul.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
These shows are tending to be inbred. Inbreeding is not healthy for animals or TV shows.