TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 07, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXX: General Discussion: Archive through May 07, 2018 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
But other high profile people have run the race - even the season with Jess and Cody had two professional basketball players on it...do they not also have an edge (first of all - in many countries a 7 foot tall man is going to stand out regardless of the fact that he plays a professional sport)? During the season I didn't watch the players were internet people or something - they probably also had followers located around the globe. I don't think that there is any way to stop this unless you go with totally pure contestants, and I don't think TAR will ever get back to that.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I'm not going with the rumor mill. Fans couldn't help them actually perform the tasks, especially that last one.

And I'm not sure how many fans they had in other countries either. :-)

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
I think in general, there are fans of "the Race" all over the world and happy to help all the racers. Whether they know who they are or not, they know they are on the Amazing Race.
Didn't someone lose their passport and through twitter, a network of people found it and was able to get it back to the racers ? I don't think the racers were famous. Just avid fans all over the world and net.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
So that just means they are willing to help anyone on the race, not just certain people, right?

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Karuna, My point exactly !!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That does happen, but this past season, the Body fans were more aggressive in supporting the I chosen team.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I was never fond of casting via Boogie's bar.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
the Jody fans were more aggressive in supporting the I chosen team.

Would love to see some actual proof of this, rather than just vague accusations.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Agree SEA. Those fans responded to her internet comments and encouragement to get him chosen as fan favorite as well as garnered more excitement for them during the race.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Rosie, this is about The Amazing Race and if their fans helped them in the race any more than any other teams.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Oh!!! Excellent idea, Sadiesmom!!! We need Mike Boogie, the greatest reality television player in the history of reality television, on Amazing Race!

Or was he already on it?

Bad Juju

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 11:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
please no, I was referring tot he years when they cast young models and aspiring actors from Boogie's bar, the same place they cast Big Brother from.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Update on that rumor...looks like it’s part BB teams, part former TAR teams (and they actually contacted some former Survivor players to make teams, but none ended up being cast)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kar, I spent all those weeks on RFf, reading about the Jody fans. No desire to prove anything here.

They had Julie, the host, speaking of her favorite during the season, and Julie suggesting them for TAR. Julie married to the power of CBS.

They had Jess out on Twitter, and they had the mechanism for anyone to get a free trial account and vote, which Jess broadcast to her followers.

And someone provided food, only to that team at the beginning of the race.

So are we talking the next season we see?

The one with all new people?

Or is it that season that morphed to maybe all former BB, but might just be all former CBS reality contestants?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 05, 2018 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am caught up.. Looks like a whirlwind of leaks, ending with BB- TAR-Survivor ..

Huh..

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dipo, you are correct that there were a couple of instances of sabotage last season which were never shown. The first occurred in Hong Kong where some Jody fans sent a team in the wrong direction and then the last task in SF where a team was deliberately given the wrong directions (the skiers) by Jody fans. RFF had both videos on its site.

As much as RFF relies on videos and pictures from fans around the world, I can honestly tell you they had never seen anything like they did last year with the network of Jody fans on Twitter monitoring their every move. I made a post on the site how disgusted I was of the behavior of the Jody fans, and one of the mods sent me an e-mail completely bewildered about what was going on and wondering whether CBS would show the two instances of sabotage by Jody fans (of course, they didn't).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 06, 2018 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Some posters at RFF feel that Jody is getting credit for ratings, but the show was in a better timeslot for ratings.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
hey had Jess out on Twitter, and they had the mechanism for anyone to get a free trial account and vote, which Jess broadcast to her followers.

And someone provided food, only to that team at the beginning of the race.

The first comment is about BB, and people have complained about unfairness in BB voting since the very first year. It's not unique to any person.

The second comment is about TAR, and again, I won't believe it without proof. You may not want to provide it here, but you are posting about it here. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RFF had both videos on its site.

Link please?

Again, while fans may have helped, how is that different from getting good or bad taxi drivers? Or lucking into good help from one local or no help from another?

The teams still have to complete the tasks themselves, no one else can do them for them.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
What/where is RFF?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Good luck finding the links. There is no way on God's green earth that I'm going to sort through 10,000 posts from six months ago on RFF looking for those two videos. They are out there... good luck.

And we're not talking about fans "helping Jody." We're talking about fans sabotaging other teams by deliberately giving them the wrong directions to help Jody (and the fact that CBS did not show either instance).

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, that would be helping Jody still, right?

And again, I ask, how is that different from getting a bad cab, or wrong directions from someone else? It happens.

It still doesn't change that the teams do have to do the actual tasks themselves. No matter how many wrong directions are given.

And why would CBS show it? They are only driven by increasing ratings. Are you surprised that they wouldn't show something that might hurt them? It's TV!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
here's what Jen (one of the other racers) said:

We didn’t know at the time, but when the race ended, we learned that there were quite a few Big Brother fans out there trying to mislead Kristi and I. Jess and Cody’s fan base protect them like it is their life’s duty. When they were tracking us around the world, a lot of their fans would gripe about how much they disliked us (simply because we kept doing decently and seemed to be sticking around). In both Hong Kong and San Francisco people attempted to give us wrong directions. Fortunately, Kristi and I have enough common sense to realize that what they were telling us didn’t make any sense with what we were trying to solve and where we were trying to go.

Doesn't sound like it was very successful.

https://jenhudak.com/amazing-race-30-11-12/

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
And there is this:

I just wanted to clear up some misinformation that's been going around. Jody fans didn't sabotage Team Extreme by giving them deliberately wrong directions - it was some random comedian guy in Hong Kong who thought it'd be funny to be a jerk. He even posted the video on Facebook saying "I couldn't resist bullshitting to two contestants from The Amazing Race" and tagging it #wrongway, #noidea, and #shitbloke.

It had nothing to do with Jody or BB at all, so it'd be nice if people would stop spreading that rumor.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheAmazingRace/
comments/82a9js/jody_fans_didnt_sabotage_
team_extreme/

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 07, 2018 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Looks like you found the proof :-) even if it wasnt successful it was still done. I remember reading all of this during the race as well.