TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 04, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXX: General Discussion: Archive through May 04, 2018 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-amazing-race-phil-keoghan-who-will-win-season-30/

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 4:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
YAY - it starts back up this Wednesday! At least they aren't making us wait until March or April like they did last year.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads up Lexie. I pay little attention to American TV channels and for some reason the usual Canadian station does not seem to have picked it up. So it appears that CBS is it. I’ll put up the game.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
I'm just itching & ready to set up the first thread come Tuesday! Got my cut&paste from CBS even.

Chomping at the bit for sure.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Im super excited also!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Can't wait. Sent myself a reminder for next week even before I came to this thread.

I love this show equally with Survivor, even though Survivor has more depth psychologically.

I am a traveler and have actually been to many of the places they go. OR, I inadvertently go afterwards, and marvel at the deja vú.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Monday, January 01, 2018 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Seems like a super competitive group of contestants. This should be a fun season. Looking forward to seeing Cody and Jess in a different environment (despite the cameras).

Missyb

07-28-2004

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Youtube by Jody ( Jessica and Cody) talking about the race. What they packed, what they were thinking going into the race,etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vwGQNDd4sw

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 5:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Great news - they are casting for TAR 31 (so it looks like all newbies - no recruits)! They will be filming between May 30 and June 30 so iffin we're lucky we may have a Fall airing.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow that is very good news!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
YAY!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
wahooooo!!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I wonder what city they will start from!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
RFF will let us know when they get closer to filming and they have all the teams. It is so much fun to watch the spoiling from around the world as they race.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 6:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
According to TMZ, The AR is considering an All Big Brother cast for next season. They have already reached out to some former BB contestants.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well that will infuriate a lot of TAR fans. While I’d prefer mostly new people, it doesn’t bother me that much.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Although I don't think they need to mess with TAR it wouldn't bother me that much anyway, because I would love to see some of those lazy people get out of bed and have to move!

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Actually, I would love it. There is a feeling of "knowing" the racers, They all want to do the race, all competitive , all know how to make alliances. I think it would be a fun season.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm okay either way. It does get you over the initial confusion with all new players. I like new people too.

Yeah, I"m okay either way. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ick.

I hate to see reality tv become so limited and character driven. And incestuous in terms of cross promotion within one network.

I have backed off on my involvement with Big Brother.

With TAR, I will watch as long as they can travel in the real world.

If it becomes Hunger Games style in a very controlled environment, that will be sad.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I really wish they wouldn't. For all intents and purposes, I pretty much despise about 97.995% of all the players on Big Brother. I love the idea of new players who are true fans of the show. That's why it kind of pissed me off about Jody being on last season. Jessica had never seen the show and Cody had only watched the first season or two.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
On the other hand, Cody and Jessica were strong contestants on TAR. If they hadn't been on Big Brother first we would have probably liked them as a contestant.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That would be ok, but being on BB with Jess eliminated and tweeting, created a questionable can favorite situation. Are to that, Julie Chen early on and quite openly liking Jessica and lobbying for the Body team to be on TAR..

And oh yeah, Julie being wife of Lee Moonves..

All this created a special status and fan base for them.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Whether they had a special fan base or not, they ran the race well and won because of that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 04, 2018 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Seamonkey I am starting to ready your auto-corrections the first time thru, hahahahaha.

Karuuna I think their fans helped them out in certain cities. but they didn't show any of that on air, so not positive.