TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
6th Show, Feb 7

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXX: 6th Show, Feb 7 users admin

"All's Fair in Love and War"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
2hr Show starts @ 9pm

"All's Fair in Love and War"

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Bumping, just in case.

2 more hours to wait and another jaw dropper expected. I'm simply salivating while waiting here on the left coast.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the rest of the night I will be going Oy-yea oy-ye ba-ba
cursed, they have cursed me.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Let me go and get the stuff from my recap site.

8:59 p.m. – “Previously, on ‘The Amazing Race’!” In last week’s sixth episode classical musicians Trevor Wadleigh and Chris Marchant were eliminated thanks to “Big Brother” duo Jessica Graf and Cody Nickson U-turning them. That leaves only six teams still in the race: Cody and Jessica, X-Games athletes Kristi Leskinen and Jen Hudak, dating debators Henry Zhang and Evan Lynyak, Indy car drivers Alex Rossi and Conor Daly, firefighting twins Eric Guiffreda and Daniel Guiffreda, and lifeguards Lucas Bocanegra and Brittany Austin.

9:05 p.m. – Kristi and Jen were the first to finish the last leg of the race and are the first to depart to Zimbabwe! When the teams land, they will take a train to a small town where conservationists are trying to end poaching of wild animals. Jessica is at peace with her and Cody’s decision to use the U-Turn during the last leg, even if it put a target on their back. They believe it is the only reason they are still in the race.

9:15 p.m. – The teams have landed in Zimbabwe. Cody refers to “Team Ocean Rescue” as “Team Ocean Spray,” ha! I can never tell if he’s actually funny or just confused. The teams were excited to learn they were going on a safari and were blown away by the beautiful animals. But soon it was back to the game and the teams raced to be the first to set up a tent. The order in which they finish pitching their tents will have an impact on the rest of this leg. Cody is a pro when it comes to pitching a tent and Team Big Brother finished first.

9:25 p.m. – Phil woke everyone up at sunrise and announced a major twist: Partner Swap! Because Cody and Jessica were first to secure their tents, they got to choose their teammates. They chose Kristi and Jen (Team Extreme). Team Ocean Rescue paired up with Team IndyCar. That left Team Yale with The Firefighters. The new teams will have to raft around a lake, searching for canteens. Upon finding them, they must race to a watch tower to find their next clue. Brittany and Alex were the first to finish, partly because Brittany is a national rowing champ.

9:30 p.m. – At The Detour, Kristi and Jessica had to switch tasks because neither of them can drive a stick shift vehicle. Cody and Jen decided to move forward without their former teammates. After initially planning to work together, the two teams are now on their own.

9:40 p.m. – Jen and Cody are feeling guilty for leaving their teammates, but move on regardless. While Jen and Cody drive a four-wheel vehicle through the mud picking up supplies, Jessica and Kristi will be horseback riding in the bush looking for clues. The other teams seem evenly split between each task. Cody and Jen were the first to finish their task and head to the next Pit Stop. The last team to check in may be eliminated. Cody and Jen were the first team to arrive, but were notified they had to wait for their original teammates before they could be checked in!

10:00 p.m. – Alex and Brittany were the second team to meet up with Phil. Next up were Lucas and Conor, meaning Team IndyCar and Team Ocean Rescue are fully checked in and they received their next clue. Jessica and Kristi are struggling with their puzzle, meanwhile Henry and Eric are dealing with their jeep stuck in the mud. Evan and Daniel arrived at the puzzle and refused to help Kristi and Jessica. They soon passed them by. Kristi and Jessica were the last pair to arrive at the Pit Stop, but they were not eliminated. Jessica wants to punch Evan in the face, as if she has been more helpful to other teams throughout the race. All teams are now racing with their original partners again.

10:05 p.m. – Team Ocean Rescue and Team IndyCar were the first to reach the next clue and decided to use the Double U-Turn! Team Yale and Team Big Brother have been U-Turned. Jessica and Cody officially hate Team “Ocean Spray.”

10:20 p.m. – Team Yale and Team Big Brother now have to complete both Detours and are in a fierce battle to not finish in last place. But will another team who only has to complete one task screw up badly enough to get passed by both? Kristi and Jen are back on track now that they are reunited and finished the Detour in first place. Lucas and Brittany were right behind.

10:30 p.m. – The Firefighters are now helping Team Yale by giving them directions about the package delivery Detour. Team Big Brother are headed to their second Detour. This could be a tight finish! Meanwhile, Team Extreme was the first to reach their next clue, and must learn a traditional song and dance routine before they can move on. The language barrier is more difficult than dancing and the teams are absolutely butchering the lyrics. Back on the Detour, Team Yale completed their second task before Team Big Brother. Are Cody and Jessica heading home tonight?

10:45 p.m. – Both Team Yale and Team Big Brother arrived at the final challenge and all of the teams are now even. Wow! Will their adrenaline rush propel them to the front? These teams have zero rhythm! This is painful. Finally, on their fifth attempt, Team Ocean Rescue became the first team to complete the task. They will now make their way to the next Pit Stop, an outdoor mall, by foot. After being the first to arrive, Team Extreme was the second to head for the Pit Stop. But Lucas and Brittany won this leg of the race, as well as a trip to St. Lucia. Team Extreme finished in second place.

10:59 p.m. – Team IndyCar finished in third place and Team Yale rallied from a U-Turn to a fourth place finish. It will come down to The Firefighters versus Team Big Brother. Neither of the twins seems to have a grasp on the rhythm and Cody is so off beat that Jessica is about to have a nervous breakdown. Cody is so frustrated he doesn’t even want to rehearse anymore. His loving girlfriend planted a wet one on him to calm his nerves. The magic of her kiss seemed to do the trick and Team Big Brother was finally given green light to head to the Pit Stop. But the Firefighters are right on their heels! In a nail-biting finish, Cody and Jessica finished in fifth place. The Firefighters were the last team to arrive and were eliminated from the race.

http://www.goldderby.com/article/2018/the-amazing-race-30-episodes-7-8-recap-alls-fair-in-love-and-war-news/

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
the rest of the night I will be going Oy-yea oy-ye ba-ba
cursed, they have cursed me.

Me too.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Can't get that song out of my head either. Fun challenge. :-)

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yep, I now know the song too.

I see the top three teams now as being Yale, Beach Rescue, and Olympic skiers. I like all of them. Cody is doing very well in the challenges. Jessica would have done better in the African challenge had she been more assertive in overriding her more accomplished-in-life partner, who kept insisting on wrong answers.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am really bummed that Jessica/Cody survived. I liked the firefighters better.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 12:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Catchy tune!

Bummed, too, but looked long ago, so I was pre-bummed.

Love all thebanimals, especially the warthogs.

Seemed like a really exhausting leg.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I hated the "switch partners" as much as I hated the "head to head" competitions.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
They are really turning up the heat this season...if I remember correctly they have had a U-turn, another episode, the partner switch and then another U-turn...that's a lot in a short period of time! These two legs did seem exhausting.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I agree with you. I was hoping the firefighters would beat out Cody and Jessica. I don't mind Cody, but Jessica seems like she would make a perfect "mean girl" to me.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Rvon, I have been saying since Jessica was on BB this past summer that she is one of the "meanest" girls I've ever seen on BB (and now TAR).

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think Jessica was a lot nicer to her partner last night than her partner deserved...Jessica for the most part had them in the right order and her partner wouldn't listen to her.

Furthermore, last show she gave the people the answers...she just didn't give them until she had already turned in her sheet. I really don't call that mean girl - I just call that good game play. I guess since I don't dislike Jessica and Cody (never have...but then again I didn't have the live feeds) that I didn't already have a preconceived notion about them. I like how supportive they are of one another and how the acknowledge each other's strengths.

This season actually I like that about almost everybody. Since these people are natural competitors they aren't nearly as adversarial amongst themselves and are mostly focused on doing well. Other than the spats between the lifeguards a few weeks ago (and they are still my least favorite team) for the most part it has been more about the racing and less about the drama. I have enjoyed it a lot more.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm not seeing Jessica as mean either. She's playing hard at times, but her previous U-turn got them U-turned this time. At the same time, she did not get upset with her obviously wrong temporary partner, and she didn't get upset with Cody when he refused to rehearse any more.

They really do seem to fit well together, which is a surprise to me.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Jessica is not the mean girl of AR. She’s actually doing pretty good. Gets along with the majority and certainly hasn’t had any fights with anyone at all.

The nasty girl of the show for me is Evan, and I also can’t stand Brittany

I’m actually rooting for Cody and Jess. Unlike BB

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I don't see Jessica as mean either, actually a little too nice with her switched partner who wouldn't listen.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Eric Guiffreda talks 'The Amazing Race' (Part 1)

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-eric-guiffreda-talks-the-amazing-race-%28part-1%29-23515.php

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, February 09, 2018 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I did see a glimpse of the old Cody from BB, when he couldnt do the singing challenge and was sulking. I like Jess this season, I too am rooting for them.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, February 09, 2018 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I am not a Jessica fan, but I don't see her as mean.

She seems to want to be left alone (except for Cody). To me, a mean girl goes out of her way to be mean.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I also read previously Tv and people there hate different participants,. I don't see the point in hating people. We knowthey are being edited, but I do get tired of people who expect help. Ask,ing, not a problem, if they are there, but chasing down the one team to their taxi to ask them where something was, Just over the line and being angry because another team shows up and does not want to work with you when either one of you can be last, no, should not expect it unless you did them a heavy duty favor, and they had not.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jess has been more impressive than I ever thought. She is not afraid to do anything. I thought she would come off more like a prima donna. Her and Cody are perfect, he is the zing to her zang and visa versa

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: