TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
5th Show, Jan 31

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXX: 5th Show, Jan 31 users admin

"The Claws Are Out"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"The Claws Are Out"

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ooohhhh sounds good!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure this title refers to Jessica. We knew her "good behavior" couldn't last.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I suspect it refers to the woman who feels that Jessica wronged her. Is that Christine? The one whose new fiancé was such a jerk to her and yet he seemed to get a free pass?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
You must mean Brittany. There is no Christine on the show... LOL

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
You are right. I'm a bit name dyslexic.

Peapod

01-31-2004

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Peapod a private message Print Post    
Did Phil just say "expect the unexpected"? hahaha
what could that mean?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Jody U-Turned Trevor n Christopher

1st Kristi n Jen
2nd Eric n Daniel
3rd Henry n Evan
4th Alex n Conor
5th Brittany n Lucas
6th Jody
7th Trevor n Christopher. Last place and eliminated.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Next week is a 2 hr show and a double u-turn. And CBB starts next Weds also.
Jessica lied to Brittany n one of the Indy guys in the last challenge. Don’t expect them to forget it because they figured out that she lied.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Ithink letting them have a uturn before a challenge allowed them to curse the last place team, they should have had to do one thing before the u turn.
other wise I was fine with the show.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Forgot to mention::::next week they switch partners.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 12:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sad, but I already knew about this U Turn.. I would have been even more upset if I hadn't been spoiled.

And more gimmickry next week, sigh.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't blame Jessica...and it's not like she didn't give them the right word...she just didn't do it until she had already gotten approval to go ahead. She already have 5 of the words...they could have just as easily double-crossed her. In Race terms I think that was just protecting herself.

And she and Cody still almost came in last.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Didn't Jessica give Princess Brittany 5 words at first when Brittany had none to give back to her? And couldn't you hear Jessica give both of them the correct phrase right before she left? Me thinks the princess protests too much.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think Jessica and Cody are setting all the other teams to be against them, because they won't find them trustworthy.

Sad to say Trevor and Chris go, they were my favorites. :-(

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I really don't have a favorite team this year although I do have a soft spot for Jessica and Cody. I think the Lifeguards are my least favorite team. I also like the firefighters from Louisiana.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I do not blame Jessica either. She did all the work and she did give them the words after she got the pass. She did not have to do that. If she would not have protected her team in that fashion, they may have come in last. Brittany seems to have a sense of entitlement. She blames Jessica for not handing the gnome back to her? It is not like Jessica took it and hid it. Now whenever I witness someone not taking responsibility for their own mistakes I call it doing a "Brittany's gnome".

My favorite to win is Kristi and Jen.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't blame Jessica. However, she was already well protected because of the u Turn.

I just think it may come back to bite her, because she's earning a rep as being untrustworthy.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
LOL @ Brittany gnome.

I do agree that it is not a good precedent to set...however the guys seemed to have flown through that double U-turn rather rapidly. Of course that could also be creative editing.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm not seeing any interviews up yet where they usually reveal how far behind they really were, but given that they didn't run into anyone at the Kafka task, I'm guessing it was pretty far.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I thought their flight landed about 4 hours later than the rest.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Trevor Wadleigh and Chris Marchant talk 'The Amazing Race' (Part 1)

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-trevor-wadleigh-and-chris-marchant-talk-the-amazing-race-%28part-1%29-23476.php

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
In the interview they say they thought they were pretty close. Huh.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have no idea why I thought weel strung was on another flight. confession I tend to get tired and nap in the evening and I was dozing in and out of this show. so, I can see where the whole thing did not take that many hours. 6 maybe? so one task can throw you off, but it i possible some people took a lot longer to get to the finish line.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Friday, February 02, 2018 - 3:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
So many of the teams took off with their beer kegs in the wrong direction. They had no idea where they were headed and off they went...

The one team was over an hour running around with their keg.

Get Directions Folks!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, February 02, 2018 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sadies, they were on the last flight, but it was the second flight. So many times they called it the "last flight" it confused me also.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, February 02, 2018 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Sad to see Well Strung eliminated. I've seen them before, they play in Puerto Vallarta sometimes. .

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, February 02, 2018 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

The one team was over an hour running around with their keg.

Get Directions Folks!

Agreed it probably would have been more clear to the viewers if production had showed some of the teams asking everybody on the street where the location was, and none of the locals had even heard of it, because it was the name of a party boat tied up at the river. I suspect that later teams had an easier time with this clue after the first team went through, and a crowd gathered to see what the filming was all about. After the first couple teams, the crowd knew and told the other racers to go to the river. Speculating. I was not actually on site during the taping of that leg.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, February 02, 2018 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Lol, Juju.

Always read the clue and follow it exactly. Have seen many teams lose because they did not.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Trevor Wadleigh and Chris Marchant talk 'The Amazing Race' (Part 2)

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-trevor-wadleigh-and-chris-marchant-talk-the-amazing-race-%28part-2%29-23506.php

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: