TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
3rd Show, Jan 17

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXX: 3rd Show, Jan 17 users admin

"It's Gonna Be A Fragrant Day"

The Amazing Race
The Amazing Race (on CBS)

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
"It's Gonna Be A Fragrant Day"

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Haven’t watched it yet but FORT is saying Team Yale came in first....Henry and Evan. The NBA guys came in last but it was a NEL.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
it is hard to understand how you lose the lead like the NBA guys did, they were so far ahead. I think I have to watch it again, I don't know how the lead changed so much.

I will say I would have taken the belly dancing part since I took 5 years worth of lessons. heh. Ithink it was way easy f people actually read the clue.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Both true. It was an exciting, very exhausting, episode.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 12:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was exhausting just watching! đź‘€

And the NBA guy chose to run all over after the zip lining gnome with his backpack on.. And one of them mentioned being the oldest racer, but in yes, he had three heart attacks awhile back.

But they just have to survive a speed bump.

Next show is two hours and features ANOTHER head to head comp.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Jessica seems be as selfish as ever.

She blamed the Big Brother House for not accepting her and Cody when she and Cody were the ones that kept to themselves. I cannot get that image out of my head of a sad Cody sitting in the hallway waiting for Jess to come out of the Diary Room.

Anyway, where did Jessica leave Brittany's statue? Did she leave it by the phones.

Poor Brittany, calling "Jessica" "Jessica" while Jessica and her bouncing pony tail went flying off down the road.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I suspect anyone else would have done the same thing. Brittany went off without her gnome (which I don't think Jessica took to purposely mess with Brittany). Not Jessica's problem. Should Jessica have carried both gnomes and tried to run down Brittany - who had happily left without Jessica - and then possibly gotten eliminated?

It was a grueling episode! That poor NBA guy was doing so well but seemed to get confused towards the end.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
The NBA guy said he was so old- almost 50!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jessica is absolutely one of the most awful people they ever cast on BB. She reminds me of the "mean girls" from my high school days.

I also find the editing this season to be terrible. The editing for the zipline challenge was annoying and confusing.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Maybe 50 isn't old in regular people years but I suspect that the years of playing basketball took its toll on his body...not to mention that most of the really tall people I know tend to have joint issues simply from the speed at which they grew.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't recall anything that Jessica has said or done so far on the Amazing Race that would qualify as awful or mean. She and Cody seem to be getting along well with the other racers and the local people as well as getting along well with each other as a team and couple. That may change as the race progresses but I certainly haven't seen anything awful or mean so far.

I was quite impressed that Cody was able to communicate with the taxi driver.

It must be an odd feeling being an older former athlete. In basketball, you are "old" in your late thirties. In some other sports you are "old" in your twenties. Certainly a different definition of "old".

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jimmer , I loved that and the look on Jess's face when he spoke to the driver!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Cody was actually surprising when he spoke Arabic to the driver.

I have always felt sort of sorry for Jessica with her massive breasts that she said were real on her official Big Brother bio or interview. Sheesh, the future physical problems that young girls never see coming. I did find her comment at the opener of this episode, that they were automatically at a big disadvantage because of being on Big Brother to be a bit vainglorious.

And yet, I wish them well.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I am not looking forward to another head to head that Phil said was coming in the previews

I was surprised how easy the belly dancing challenge was, they didn’t have to dance in a particular fashion, which has killed some teams in previous seasons

I was confused why Brittany kept screaming Jessica, when clearly she ditched Jessica and had locals take her back

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 19, 2018 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I never saw Jessica as being anything other than being an immature pretty girl - no better or worse than many other immature pretty girls who have been on Big Brother in all of its seasons. It is interesting to see her and Cody in another situation and time will tell whether they come across better or the same as previous impressions...because there is no hiding on The Amazing Race!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, January 19, 2018 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
There sure is a lot more to Cody than I ever saw on BB. Didn't like him then but now he's sort of growing on me.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Friday, January 19, 2018 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
Yeah Cody & Jessica! I have been impressed with both of them. We get to see much more of their abilities and personalities here.

I could never have done the things Jessica has already done in the first shows and I didn't think she was mean or awful at all. And I never expected Cody to spit out a foreign language to talk with the cab driver. From the look on her face, I don't think Jessica expected it either.

Cody did say something to the effect that anything good about him he credited to the Marines.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 19, 2018 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I find it interesting that he has served in both the Air Force and the Marines.

Toolhound

06-22-2007

Friday, January 19, 2018 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Toolhound a private message Print Post    
I did not like Cody and Jessica at all on BB but I find myself rooting for them on AR.

Breanna95838

07-08-2011

Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Breanna95838 a private message Print Post    
Not sure where to post this.....

Why Jessica and Cody Could Be the Best 'Big Brother' Team Ever on 'The Amazing Race'

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-amazing-race/why-jessica-and-cody-could-be-67370.aspx

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
interesting article, ty for sharing!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
LOLZ... some of those comments - and I thought I was mean.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
lol there is no inbetween for Jody fans/haters...you are either one or the other

Whoami

08-02-2001

Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I'm kinda guessing the clips of Brittany constantly yelling "Jessica, Jessica" and then showing Jessica happily jogging away obliviously with her bouncy pony tail was a lot of producer editing.

I also did not care for Jessica/Cody in BB. But they do seem to be enjoying their experience, and each other on TAR. So far they have not tried to throw each other under the bus like so many other teams do. So far, I am enjoying them much more on TAR.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Definitely more enjoyable on this show..

Still a bit deluded. Jessica stated that people said they wouldn't last in the outside world but this is the outside world. Well, yes, it is, but I think people meant in the real day to day world, which being on another reality show is not.

However, they certainly seem to be getting along well.

As for the gnome.. Jessica took the gnome to help.. But that would imply getting it back as well, not setting it on the ground unless you strongly made that clear.

But editing...

And to me the ultimate responsibility is with the person tasked to carry that gnome and that wasn't Jessica.

I wonder if production asked Jessica about the gnome to get that clip? Just to stir things up..

I like them so far on this show.

Outside the show, I watched one of their online events and Jessica sounded as self absorbed as ever.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I didn’t like Jody on BB when they were together but after she left and he became more involved with the others, I started to like him a bit better. Unfortunately, she chose him, if it wasn’t him she would have chosen another “victim”! If they don’t win I doubt she will stay with him much longer. He ain’t got enough moola for her.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Pamy, what is weird is I kind of like Cody, but I absolutely despise her with a passion. She is absolutely one of the worst (totally mean girl) people they have ever cast on BB. The way she talked to the other hamsters - especially the other girls - made the hairs on the back of neck stand on end. She gives me flashbacks to the mean girls I used to go to school with way back when.

I really wish she would disappear into oblivion and never grace my TV screen again.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I think Jessica looks a little bit like Meghan Markle.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc' I think so too, very much so.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
lol there is no inbetween for Jody fans/haters...you are either one or the other

I'm an in between... neither a fan nor a hater. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
As for Jessica, once she noticed that Brittany didn't have her gnome she said she didn't feel bad and hoped she didn't realize it. Without admitting she may have had some part in it.

I don't know, it didn't come off well. To me.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, January 22, 2018 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I dont have feeds so you may have seen a lot more of her than I did. I do read about the feeds but I dont read everything. Im also a sucker for a love story and I really do love them together, so I may 'forget' some of her nastiness

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert AR Names

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: