TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 08, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXX: 1st Show, Jan 3: Archive through January 08, 2018 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
it was like this ep had a different editing team than any other ep we have seen

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Personally I was a little bored. The tasks seemed fairly easy in comparison to prior seasons. But that could be my memory. And way too much of Jess and Cody. He still looks miserable.

It was a pretty heartbreaking elim for the girls.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
What were all those bags teams were carrying with them?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I saw them too Jasper, I don't know how they got them.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was wondering the same thing...did anybody notice any of the racers carrying their backpacks? I noticed Cody's when they were at the starting fountain but I don't recall anywhere else.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
At first, people speculated there was a task that wasn't shown and that's where they got the bags but one of the contestants said last night on Twitter that production gave them those bags. I think they contained hats and gloves, etc.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I have two friends who recently went to Iceland. One actually has a picture with the same big body builders they showed and another from in the square where they did the competition before the pit stop!
Does that count for my brush with fame?? LOL

Texasgirl

07-14-2013

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasgirl a private message Print Post    
Cody had a real dead pan sense of humor that I didn’t see on B.B., but appreciate it. I wasn’t a fan of the goat yoga girls, they’re already fighting. But this was a good first episode. Although reading about the potential things we missed out on is disappointing.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Jbw, I agree with you completely.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Exclusive: Dessie Mitcheson and Kayla Fitzgerald talk 'The Amazing Race' (Part 1)

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-dessie-mitcheson-and-kayla-fitzgerald-talk-the-amazing-race-%28part-1%29-23323.php

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

I think they showed too much of the highrise pulley thing. No one really freaked out and we didnt need to see basically the same thing over and over

Agreed. And not enough of introductions of the teams before the first commercial break. I was a little bit freaked to see some teams who I had no idea who they were, like the twin firefighters. betcha people who have never lived in the southern USA are going to have a hard time understanding the twins. I have NO recollection of where they are from.

quote:

...did anybody notice any of the racers carrying their backpacks? I noticed Cody's when they were at the starting fountain but I don't recall anywhere else.

Only time I really noticed the backpacks was when Cody and Jessica were running for the finish line, and Cody was carrying both.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Same as Survivor, however, I will ALWAYS watch this show for however long it and I both survive, whether it is good or bad.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 11:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Cody's backpack is huge!

Jessica's is smaller than average.

They all have them

As someone on RFF noted, when the two teams were running for the mat, they started dropping packs.

The last to reach the mat did not drop her pack and that may well have made the difference..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 11:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If Cody hadn't smoked that task with the ice letters, they wouldn't have even had a chance at first.

Not that I am defending Cody, but credit where due.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, January 05, 2018 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
For me it was the most boring episode ever. But like Juju I'll keep with it. It tends to get more interesting when one gets more familiar with the players and when there are fewer of them.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, January 05, 2018 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the show although I agree it could have been longer as some teams I feel I do not know at all!

Hopefully Cody learns from his mistake-I was very happy to see them do well!

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, January 05, 2018 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
I saw youtube of how Jess and Cody packed for the race. One backpack which had a smaller backpack attached to it. Cody says that one thing Jessica is not is a runner! They brought a ton of socks they could throw away as they went along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vwGQNDd4sw

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, January 05, 2018 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm reading now that TAR absolutely killed it in the ratings for the time slot on Wednesday!!! - Biggest opening night since 2013.

YAY!!!!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, January 05, 2018 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
That is great!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 05, 2018 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ah.. She couldn't get her pack off, was running in stocking feet, but having to find marked parking is what did them in, per that link.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, January 05, 2018 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lexie, and you know why? Jody! LOL she has a ton of followers and she is hyping it and live tweeting /instagraming or whatever. People love a love story

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, January 05, 2018 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Missy, , ty for the link! I love her dog!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, January 06, 2018 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Jessica is still wearing her extensions.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
#DeathRace2017

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 08, 2018 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm watching this video of Jessica and Cody discussing what they packed for the race and it really really really pisses me off. Jessica had never seen one episode of TAR before being asked on the show (so she watched three seasons before leaving for NYC) and Cody had only seen the first couple of seasons. There are way too many fans out there who have been trying for YEARS to get on the show and CBS recruits a couple that knew nothing about the race.