TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 04, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race XXX: 1st Show, Jan 3: Archive through January 04, 2018 users admin

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Yahoooooo! It's finally here!!!!

"You're a Champion (Prove It & Travel)"

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
wahooo!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
YAY - I'm so excited!!! I'm not excited about Jessica and Cody (more so Jessica) being on the show, but I'm excited the show is back!

Gbcole

09-20-2011

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gbcole a private message Print Post    
The only reason I'm excited about the show starting tonight is because Jessica and Cody are on it and I am so hoping they won the one million dollars.

Fan3

07-07-2005

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fan3 a private message Print Post    
No one talking?

Nickovtyme

07-28-2004

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nickovtyme a private message Print Post    
What in the world is Goat Yoga?

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Yep, they’re throwing everything against the wall this year...

-the head to head has been done in Canada, usually it’s the first team that makes it to a certain point has to wait for the 2nd team, they compete in a challenge, winner gets to move on, loser has to wait for the next team and compete against them, and so on; loser between the last two teams has to wait out a time penalty.

-swapping partners is new to me at least...though I don’t think it’ll be a permament swap, just for a leg or two (which is likely gonna be non-elim, otherwise figuring out who goes would be complicated...)

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I think there was a task where they had to switch partners during one of the seasons. That head to head competition sounds interesting.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
It wasn’t switching partners IIRC- there was a thing called an Intersection a couple of times where two teams had to work together as one unit, and in case of a Roadblock one person from each team had to do it...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Man, the beginning of this is really hokey!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, off to Iceland, wonder if all these people have good driving and navigational skills.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
First team to arrive at the zip line/dangle over the river is Henry and Evan.

Cody and Jessica arrived second. Jessica did the river cross.

We already have some lost teams, lol. Sarah says that April is directionally challenged.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Cody and Jessica may be first at the pit stop but they seem to be lost. Jessica says they should ask someone, Cody says no. Jessica suggests it could be the lake (it is) but Cody says no.

Kristi and Jen are team 1 and win a trip to Greece.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well Crap the basketball guys get a time penalty, I don't want them to be be last.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thank goodness they are team number 9; and a couple of girls teams are foot racing to the end, they had to do a photo finish. April and Sarah are in, Dessie and Kayla are eliminated.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Love the teams. Goat yoga!! NBA champs. Big Brother Cody and Jessica almost coming in first until Cody assumes command getting to the pit stop, and they run for an hour, lost. First stop Reykjavik, Iceland.

Least interesting team, RingGirls first out, beat to the mat by GoatYoga in a photo finish where the gigantic NBA champs were dead last in first challenge, got a penalty for non-participant yelled out strategic help to partner who did not hear him, and made it to the winner's mat ahead of TWO other all-girl teams.

Goat yoga, the exercise craze, is hilarious: Two women, one a goatkeeper and one a yoga instructor give classes where participants balance goats on their bodies while performing yoga.

The opening introductions are of not all the teams but includes a team of small female models, who are unusual because they are both under 5'7". But they are both taller than both Jessica and Cody (or it may just be that Jessica and Cody look tiny because they are in the starting line-up next to the NBA players?} All good and amusing stuff.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yep, it was funny because once again Cody/Jessica's downfall was because he didn't listen to her, much like BB.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, January 03, 2018 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
YAH Team JOdy!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 4:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The premiere really needed to be 90 minutes so we could get to know the racers. It felt very disjointed. We seemed to miss a lot last night like the airport (there's always drama at the airport), etc. etc. etc.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think they showed too much of the highrise pulley thing. No one really freaked out and we didnt need to see basically the same thing over and over

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
We didn't have to see every team ripping open their clue envelope and reading the clue...kind of nice.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing "Cody, if you listen to Jessica once in a while you might learn something!" The good news is that after he usually does something stupid like that he realizes it and starts paying attention to her...but he certainly did a great job with that dune buggy task. He beat out Mr. Yale!

I'm already not a fan of the goat yoga people and the NBA players are going to get old really fast if they don't play nice with one another! It is one thing to trash talk on the court and another thing in close quarters on the race.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Reading RFF, I'm not alone in thinking it should have been a 90 minute premiere. We missed out on the drama at the airport - evidently they took two flights to Iceland. But the first flight had such a long delay, that it arrived in Iceland pretty much at the same time as the second flight.

Also, several teams suffered navigation troubles in Iceland and there was more drama with the Goat Yoga team than was shown (they ended up switching who was driving).

The whole episode was very disjointed and didn't make sense.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Too funny - I said to my DH, they've done head to head before -how is that anything new? Just now reading these comments, I realize it was because I've watched the Canadian Amazing Race (he hasn't).

The arguing yoga ladies are going to get old quickly, but I like most of the other teams.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the show, even tho it could have been a bit longer to get acquainted with the teams. I was really interested in Cody and Jessica. Even tho he was wrong(again), I did get to see him smile several times!

And he did state that they lost BB, mostly because he was wrong, but she stuck by him. At least he admitted it.

Glad the ring girls are gone. Didn't care for them. Not sure about the race car driver and the guy that sleeps on his couch. Yoga ladies, blah. But maybe we'll see more good stuff from the teams next time.

Jbw

08-14-2006

Thursday, January 04, 2018 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
My favorite part of this episode was Jessica losing out on a Travel Velocity vacation to Santorini, Greece due to Cody's bullheadedness.