TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 29, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race - Canada III: General Discussion: Archive through August 29, 2015 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They're introducing the teams and the show starts July 8th!

(Thanks for the heads-up, Wilsonatmd. :-))

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
From what I've read, it's 12 teams this season- they've introduced 9 so far this week. Winner's prize is the same as last year: $250,000 cash, 10 pairs of first-class plane tickets, 2 trucks, and gas for life. The pitstop prizes are supposed to be increased a little though- they say the total for everything is over a million dollars.

Big thing is one of the teams is a M/F engaged pair who have known each other for years- but the male was born a woman and is in the process of transitioning...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Is this viewable in the US?

Mimi

04-30-2009

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
Maybe on-line Seamonkey.

I love this show and can't wait!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Probably online using a VPN (which is much easier than it sounds). It's a wonderful show and well worth it if you like the Amazing Race.

Flossiebebe

09-01-2005

Friday, June 19, 2015 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flossiebebe a private message Print Post    
This link works well for me:
http://watch-series-tv.to/serie/The_Amazing_Race_Canada

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Can't wait for this. I love the commercial for it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Starts tonight at 9:00 EDT!!!

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
Good opening episode. Sabrina is already annoying me, but is still likeable.

Happygal

11-15-2004

Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happygal a private message Print Post    
Good cast with a fair bit of diversity. Pretty reflective of Canada. I know I'll enjoy this season as much as the previous 2.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the opening episode as well. Good cast, fun, friendly and competitive for the most part. As much as I love seeing different parts of the world, it's also fun to see places that I know.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
That was a wonderful start to the season. I recognized Chateau Frontenac right away, lol, from my Grade 8 class trip to Quebec.

It is quite an array of people and it was neat to see places in Toronto. They are a pretty fit bunch for the most part.

One thing I was thinking was geez Brian could you at least ask Cynthia if she is alright? After she had bashed her face of the deck. I think it was at least her third trip up. Gotta love her face when Kristin did it sitting down.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Loved it!

Ariasmum

07-21-2006

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ariasmum a private message Print Post    
I wish they would have spent a little more time in beautiful Quebec City. Surely there was some kind of road block they could have completed there before taking off to Toronto so soon. I found it strange that more of the teams weren't splitting up to try the bike combinations instead of leaning over their partner's shoulder and trying them one at a time.
Watching them stammer in front of a TSN camera was fun. Watching them fall hard on that log wasn't. I would have straddled it and shimmied too.
So far I like everybody but I think Sabrina is going to irritate me.
Looking forward to tonight's episode.

Mimi

04-30-2009

Saturday, July 18, 2015 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
Everything went wrong for Susan and Saranjit.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I was surprised at what a difficult time they had searching for the murals. It seems like if it was a 10-blocka area, you could just go block by block. I felt bad for them.

I'm liking all the teams so far. It's refreshing to watch reality TV where there aren't re-treads, actor-wannabes, or all contestants under 25. :-)

Mimi

04-30-2009

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
I agree with everything Teach said.

Ariasmum

07-21-2006

Friday, August 14, 2015 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ariasmum a private message Print Post    
I'm disappointed no one is posting on here. I think this is such a great show.
I was very sad to see Hamilton and Michaela go. Especially after all they went through. I was really hoping all along that it would be the Italians. They annoy me the most and don't seem to have any hustle. I feel better now after this week's episode.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, August 14, 2015 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I'm loving the show, but I usually watch it 3-4 days after the original air date. There isn't one group I don't like, so each week it's fun to see who ends up on top.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Teach...my daughter and I are watching too. We like everyone and are enjoying the interesting challenges. The challenge where they had to dive in the water and get the lobsters and the one the following week where they had to play Kyak-hockey looked difficult. They sure have been creative with the challenges and we enjoy learning/seeing Canada. Alex Trebek was pretty cool too!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
:-) I think the Australian and the Canadian Races almost always have more difficult physical challenges than the American version. The one where they had to dive in the water and then run across that rolling barrel/log/tube looked absolutely brutal!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I just watched the Sudbury ep today. It's about a three hour drive north from my town and really has a lot going on. I loved the challenges and it definitely was time for the Québécois to go home. I think they left feeling pretty good about a how they did. The syncronized swim! My God how hard must that have been!. And those guys still have their express pass.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Love the show but like Teach I'm always behind watching it so I don't post about it as much.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
What happened to Alex after the fifth team arrived? :-)

Wow - felt very bad for Ope. For a person who is so terrified of water, they've had a lot of water challenges.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I'm a week behind but I just about died laughing at Jons reaction to Sean woofing his cookies at the mat. There was a mid season After the Race and the did this lovely little montage of all of Sean's gag worthy moments. It was quite funny.

They really have taken a lot of penalties in this season. I'm looking forward to watching the Calcutta ep.

For me as a Canadian who has done very little travelling both in Canada and the States (I've seen more of Europe) I would love it if the U.S. Version could follow suit and do one in the U.S. With a few legs globally. There must be a lot of interesting things to do and see that they could incorporate.