TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 03, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race - Canada I: General Discussions: Archive through September 03, 2013 users admin

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
I've also just caught up with this and agree with your post Jasper. I've been all over Europe but have only done a few places out of BC, mostly for work/conferences (Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City) and skiing in Alberta.

I like all of the teams, especially Hal and Joanne! I can't wait till they go farther east but I'm really enjoying the places they've shown so far

Tishala

08-01-2000

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I'm very angry at the hippies right now. My favorite team...out because of stubbornness. Now I'm going to have to cheer for the buff guys. What a chore!

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Just saw a commercial for the show and they are saying they are going to Regina Saskatchewan. Where else would Regina be, as Canadians we should know where it is. Sorry for some reason this just bothered me.

The Drs work at the hospital just down the street from me and there is a huge billboard with a picture saying to watch them on the Amazing Race. Anyone know if they are doing this for teams elsewhere?

I have been very fortunate to have had the opportunity to travel to all of the provinces (not the territories yet) It is an amazing country and so culturally different.

I like all the teams, they are all so Canadian. Happy Hal and Joanne did not give up the spot for the flight.

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Monday, August 12, 2013 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
Okay, that "Brawn" challenge was hard. Professional players don't always make the catches or kick the field goals. How the heck did Brett and Holly do it on one try????

Wish Hal and Joanne had stayed in. They were by far my favourite team. Really didn't think the Tims needed to u-turn them.

It was so weird seeing my hometown on AR! And I've never been to any of those places, save Taylor Field!

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 6:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
Too bad Hal and Joanne are gone.

There were really two forces in play. They should not have taken a penalty and they should not have been dinged with the u-turn.

I think that if they stuck it out in the bin of lentils they would have made it through.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Bummed that my fave team got the axe.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Me too, they were my fav team. I remember exercising with them as a child on "Body Break".

Flossiebebe

09-01-2005

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flossiebebe a private message Print Post    
2 hour penalty! I can't imagine that in 2 more hours they couldn't have found those =$*^!! mountie dolls. Really sorry to see them go...but you get never know on this show.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
This was an incredibly physical leg, between the layovers, sleep deprivation, and football/cheerleading stuff.

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 4:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
The Tims got away with it again!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Got away with what Gmggraham? I haven't watched last nights episode.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
It was a non-elimination leg and they were saved for the second time.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I missed the previews where are they off to next?

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Got it, thanks Tishala. I just finished watching and thought it was funny when Jet & Dave were on the way to Quebec and one of them tried to say they would be the Champion but instead said they would be "mushrooms". LOL

I would fail at these challenges as my french is so poor and so is my cooking, for the crepe part. lol

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Pippin...not sure....looked cold though...and saw they were going to eat blubber....

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
They're going to Nunuvut, I think.

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
I was surprised that the ones who said they knew French weren't able to catch on to some simple words. I get that Dave was unable to figure out the crepe ingredients because he doesn't speak French at all. But, how could the girls mix up cherries for strawberries when they say that they speak French.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Thanks yummmm blubber.

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
Holly and Brett gone. Glad to see that everyone else is pushing themselves as hard as they can to get to the end. Pleasantly surprised at Vanessa and Celina in particular.

Flossiebebe

09-01-2005

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flossiebebe a private message Print Post    
That was just bad luck for any team choosing the igloo-building. Was anyone else surprised to hear the age gap between the sisters?

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Flossiebebe...I was surprised as I thought they were twins! LOL

HOwever when the older sister was egging her one and said,"You're only 21..." I was thinking come on she just pulled you in a sleigh and was having difficulty with that! No wonder she was exhausted!

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
Anyone else have a repeat tonight? The directory says it's a new show, but it's a repeat?

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
Odd... after about 5 mins they re-started the show with opening credits, and now it's a new episode. Very strange

Flossiebebe

09-01-2005

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flossiebebe a private message Print Post    
So what was the ending last night? I fell asleep about 9:50 and woke up at 10:10. Was it non-elimination? Who was last?

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
The girls were last, but it was a continuation leg, so they weren't eliminated.