TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 18, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race - Canada I: General Discussions: Archive through July 18, 2013 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Starts Monday, July 15th. Thanks for the reminder, Wilsonatmd!

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Here's the website for the show:

http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada.aspx

Pretty big prize for a Canadian show (the biggest ever offered in Canada apparently)- $250,000 cash, 10 pairs of first class tickets to anywhere Air Canada flies, and two 2014 Corvette Stingrays valued at over $50,000 each...so if the winning team wins a couple of pitstop prizes, you're looking at about $400,000 total (and tax free too-that's actually pretty close to what the winners in the US would get after taxes)..

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am hoping someone will be posting links for those of us who do not get Canadian TV?

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
How unfortunate that a mistake causes an elimination. I really like all of these teams. I appreciated the class of the cowboys at the end. This will be a fun season!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Unbelievable. I forgot this was on tonight.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Just discovered this show, downloading now off usenet.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
www.putlexzro0vp5bg5ocker3.com
/file/9B34EABC094EDF17&title=
The+Amazing+Race+Canada+S01E01

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Wait... so they are staying in Canada the whole race?

How boring and cheap can they get?

That eliminates 90% of the difficulty factor.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Extremely annoying sound editing on this show.

They totally overuse the strings sound effect that is suppposed to be played when somebody makes a major mistake. But on this show they play that stupid sound every 30 seconds when anything at all is happening.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 1:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Let's give it a chance! China Rush stayed completely in China, and I thought it was a great show -

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Loved it! And I am not a big AR fan at all. :-)

Flossiebebe

09-01-2005

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flossiebebe a private message Print Post    
There are some interesting teams and so far none you love to hate! Too bad the TnT team is gone. They looked like they would do better.
Didn't really understand the airport door-security thing? It was hard to tell if it was leaving TO or arriving in Vancouver.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I really like most of these pairs--well, not the doctors--and found it extremely well done. All of the pulse pounding editing that makes the American and Aussie versions so good.

I do wish they were leaving Canada, but I'm thinking I'm going to enjoy it just because it will be an education about the country.

And speaking of educations, how surprised was I that one of the racers said (in the previews for next week) that he'd never skated before? I seriously thought almost all Canadians learned to skate at about the age I learned to walk. And I'm only being a LITTLE bit hyperbolic about that.

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
So far almost all of the teams are really likeable. It's going to be hard to choose one over the others.

I love that Canada will be featured every week. We have so much to offer across the provinces and territories. It will be a learning experience for many of us, I'm sure.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I have been go Nova Scotia and New Brunswick and Vancouver, so there is a lot of the country that I will get to enjoy for the first time!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Can someone else try posting a link? Flagg's did not take me there -

Trini

07-06-2004

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Flagg, do you know the size of Canada? Do you know the distance from coast to coast (east to west) incase you didn't know.... you call us cheap and boring. Guess we are not exciting enough for you.,

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I have also tried the website above, and all I get when I click on "View the Premiere Episode" is a long series of ads. Is this normal and I just need to wait through them?

Or is there a better way?

Flossiebebe

09-01-2005

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flossiebebe a private message Print Post    
http://www.alluc.to/tv-shows/watch-the-amazing-race-canada-online/season-01/episode-01/515302.html

This link works as I just tested it. I chose allmyvideos is I've had good luck with them when out of the country in Mexico. The trick is to ignore all those colored bars which are really just ads that want you to download their product. Look for the small grey X (It is on the left on allmyvideos) and then click on it to get rid of the ad. You will also get a few popup ads that you should also just get rid of. I watched about 15 sec of Episode 1 just now...no problems!!

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
EPISODE 1

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 3:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Trini,

I did not call CANADA "cheap and boring", I called the "Amazing Race" show where they do not even leave their home country. "cheap and boring".

The entire point of the Amazing Race is to travel around the world, to strange countries with exotic customs and languages which the racers do not understand and have not previously been exposed to.

The size of your home country makes no difference, if you never leave it then its not a true Amazing Race.

Staying in your own country IS cheap on production's part. No dealing with customs or passports, vastly lower flight expenses, etc.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 3:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Oh and that link I posted worked fine for me at the time, I watched the entire episode and saw zero ads.
But then I also have adblock plus installed, like everyone should.

It also appears to be gone now, which is common for those types of links and could possibly be due to the fact that it was posted on a forum.

I wont bother posting any more links

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I believe that they are featuring Canada for the inaugural season of AR CA and that subsequent seasons will feature the usual globe-trotting.

Spear

08-05-2001

Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
The size of your home country makes no difference, if you never leave it then its not a true Amazing Race.

That seems like a "No true Scotsman" fallacy. A number of official TARs stayed mostly in their country of origin -- Brazil, China Rush, Vietnam, and Philippines. The Latin American TAR stayed in Latin America and TAR Asia was mostly in Asian countries.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I finally got to watch the first episode and LOVED it! It's giving me ideas of places I want to go see! I was disappointed the twin women left, I liked them. I could never do AR, the only the thing on this episode I could execute was sticking my hand in the box to retrieve the plane tickets. LOL The rest was too scary for me. Looking forward to the next episode.