TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 01, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Amazing Race: The Amazing Race - Australia & China Rush: The Amazing Race Australia Season 2: Archive through August 01, 2012 users admin

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I couldn't find it on Youtube, but I am the world's least techie person, so that may be the problem. Could you PM me the link?

Doublethink

08-23-2006

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Doublethink a private message Print Post    
PM done

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Thank you for persevering in your search and letting us TAR nuts know when it became available on Youtube!

LOL! Tuesday the search for Episode 9 bgins!

Nancyfaye

06-08-2011

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nancyfaye a private message Print Post    
Doublethink, using your exact label I did not find Episode 8 on youtube. Has been removed or am I doing something wrong?

Doublethink

08-23-2006

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Doublethink a private message Print Post    
I think it's been removed - I couldn't find it this morning - I'm sorry. It was still up yesterday afternoon.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
TNT - check your PMs.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
And.....never mind, I think you've already got it! LOL

Nancy - check your PM, please.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
A heads up- after this week, they're off until August 13th (because of the Olympics). The last 3 episodes will air over 3 nights (the 13th, 14th, and 15th)...

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Heaven help us - that's a long time to go between episodes, and then trying to find 3 episodes in a row - ay yay yay!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, July 23, 2012 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
And I will be on the road traveling around New England - hopefully wih pretty good internet access as I go - but a good support system here will be a big plus!!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, July 29, 2012 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
~ sigh ~ I was so hoping that someone would find and post links to episode 9!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, July 29, 2012 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Tnt - check your private messages, please. :-) The one titled "Second try" is the correct one.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, July 30, 2012 - 4:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks a ga-zillion, Teach!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, July 30, 2012 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
:-) Glad to help!

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, July 30, 2012 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I just discovered this series because summer TV is so boring to me. OMG I love it. I'm just now beginning episode 5, but I love the good humor most of the teams have--especially the Italian sisters--and the tasks.

Sticky and his friend are favorites to me. And I really like the father-daughter team, too.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, July 30, 2012 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
My Kid Sis is out of town for the next 5 days (she who knows how to work the remote control & tivo).

Everything is so boring anyways. So I decided to try this w/o her and (as you can imagine) all the YTs are missing.

Will someone PM me too as to where I might find it in hopes of watching some of it. I knew I should have just started watching when you all did dagnabbit!!!

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, July 30, 2012 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Bisc, I'll PM you right now

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 12:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Thanks Tishala! I'm so excited & they look like great teams. I'll be up all night.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 2:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
This Australian version is always fun! Despite Teach's great efforts I have not yet been able to view episode 9, but I still have hopes!

The season is off for the Olympics but resumes on 8/13 with three consecutive nights of episodes.

TAR Asia is also fantastic! Something to feed your addiction year-round!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
The second one didn't work TNT? I was able to watch it at home, but it might be fire-walled at a library. Would the site open or was it just the video viewer that wouldn't open? (I'm taking this as a personal challenge now!)

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
The message I got was that my "system could not access that site."

I so appreciate your support and interest! I will shortly be on the road on my vacation and thus have access to a number of different computers and their servers, so who knows what I may be able to do!

In answer to your question above, I think the problem was a firewall. Because the library computers are available to youth and teens without supervision, they are probably heavily protected -

P.S. You could send me a PM about who -if anyone - was eliminated on Episode 9!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I'll do ya' one better: I'll put it in a spoiler below.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
It was another fun leg. They had to decipher nautical flags (but they had a key in the form of flags that they had to figure out first). Then they went to Vancouver and had to either throw an ax or run on a rolling, floating log and get it around 10 times (not all in a row). The final challenge involved someone riding on TOP of a cable car, jumping to get a flag that was attached to the cable, climbing up a ladder to get a second flag, and then getting a third flag off another cable. The two boys (Paul and Shane) did the FF - they had to pose nude for artists. The order of finish was Paul/Shane first, cops second, twins third, brother/sister fourth, Emily and pal fourth, and James and Sarah last. James and Sarah were eliminated - and they struggled with money all the way along. They had to beg for money to pay for their taxi, and a couple of different taxi drivers cut them a break on what they charged them. The brother/sister team had to beg one time as well to pay for the taxi.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 2:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Now that I've caught up on Season 2, I decided to watch Season 1, too. Is it me, or do Australians have a much more libertine attitude about giving up on a task and taking the 4 hour penalty than Americans do? I'm not sure if it's just because the show is newer there or what, but it seems strangely anti-competitive to me.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 4:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
I think it's because it is a newer show there, where USA show has been going on for a decade and people have seen how the 4hr penalty will most likely send you packing.

Seemed like the Asia show did that as well (remember when the Mom/Son team, Mom kept saying 'let's quit let's quit' instead of just finishing the task they were halfway thru)? She said that a few times before. I felt so sorry for that young man, because he so wanted to run the race, but his Mom was clearly the Matriarch. Still, we pretty much agreed that was a team that needed to be out of the race - Mom was an albatross and Son had no chance to finish the race.

Still, I recommend the Asia TAR as well. They've ALL been excellent & worth watching! Actually AU & Asia have more brutal competitions than the USA TARs. I can't believe what those folks cheerfully endured and the group dynamics were something to see!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 4:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Oh mercy, Teach! What a treat! I wasn't expecting a summary, just the elimination info. Many, many thanks!

Tish - Season 1 of Australia has some priceless moments! TAR Asia and China Rush are all well worth watching!!